• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sexual abuse allegations.

I have every sympathy to the accuser however take it to the police first.

Why? They can do whatever they decide to do. We need to move to be giving women the benefit of the doubt in these situations, and stop being (predominantly) white middle-aged men telling them what to do.

Why? They can do whatever they decide to do. We need to move to be giving women the benefit of the doubt in these situations, and stop being (predominantly) white middle-aged men telling them what to do.

Why?

Because we have a legal system and do not try people in social media kangaroo courts.

In this day and age of social media, people are being found guility without any evidence. I could accuse you of touching me up and spread it on Twitter/FB/Instagram etc and it could possibly damage your career and relationships but there is (obviously!) no evidence or truth in it.

The stuff with Spacey/Weinstein is more prominent as it was an open secret in the circles that they operated in.

Go on youtube and look up creepy Joe Biden. Then remind yourself that he was the vice President under Obama. There has been talk of him being the Democratic choice fro 2020. The man is an utter wrong'un and needs locking up.

In this day and age of social media, people are being found guility without any evidence. I could accuse you of touching me up and spread it on Twitter/FB/Instagram etc and it could possibly damage your career and relationships but there is (obviously!) no evidence or truth in it.

The stuff with Spacey/Weinstein is more prominent as it was an open secret in the circles that they operated in.

What a marvellous old terminology,'touching me up',lol.:smile:

Weird how pretty much every post on here is sympathetic to the accused, not the accuser.

There's a systematic issue of sexual assault and harassment in society where men have power and control over women.

Yes there is and that is without doubt, however, there is also a claim culture springing up in this country (probably in others to) people are being wrongly accused and lives are being ruined because of it.
MK is exactly right on this when it comes to social media as mud sticks.
If you have been bullied at work there are processes you can go through even if you are afraid to approach management.
If you have been assaulted then report to the police (that's what they're there for) it ain't a perfect system but as Cyril points out, it's better than tar and feathering someone on the strength of a facebook post.

I have every sympathy to the accuser however take it to the police first.

Unfortunately, as cases like Jimmy Savile and Ian Watkins proved, the police often look the other way when celebrities are involved, both were reported numerous times and nothing was done. There are rumours that one of the accused even hired ex-Israeli agents to stalk people who looked like they might go to the police, so I can see why the accusers go public, it's a lot harder for the accused to shut them up once they've gone public without looking very guilty. I don't think we should be discouraging people from coming forward through these avenues, we just need to discourage the media from equating a witness statement with the absolute truth.

Can we not stereotype a certain section of society please. I'm sure myself and others could bring to notice abuses of women by men of non white appearance.

:hilarious: Seriously.

Everyone just needs to have a bit more care and respect for themselves - don't go out to get bladdered before you even set foot out on your night out would be a good start. You will never stop people, particularly young girls, being flattered by attention, it's more a case of educating people not to allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

There is also one hell of a lot of difference between former President Bush (allegedly) squeezing some girl's bum during a photo shoot and the casting couch scenarios surrounding Weinstein. One is sexual exploitation, the other isn't. Again, it is a difference in age and time and about re-educating older people what is and isn't acceptable.

I note that you're talking about women, but I think you will find that young men can also be taken advantage of by powerful people. I'd also say that we've seen only too often in this country how men of colour can and have exploited girls sexually. Social media is not the place to be spreading allegations, let the proper authorities deal with it.

Weird how pretty much every post on here is sympathetic to the accused, not the accuser.

There's a systematic issue of sexual assault and harassment in society where men have power and control over women.

Seriously Pubey I have no idea what planet you live on sometimes. Get the chip off your shoulder. It is not systematic, it happens, but now society is doing something about it. Accusations are one thing. Guilt is something else entirely. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life treading on eggshells because the liberals get upset.

Seriously Pubey I have no idea what planet you live on sometimes. Get the chip off your shoulder. It is not systematic, it happens, but now society is doing something about it. Accusations are one thing. Guilt is something else entirely. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life treading on eggshells because the liberals get upset.

A bit late though. Every accusation needs investigation. It's not about being liberal. It's about listening to others - empathy in other words.

You would have voted for Trump, am I right?

White men have held power ever since the dawn of age. Assault/rape etc is in itself a sublimination of power. You have to hold people to account, and in most cases, it's men. Men in more powerful positions who feel they can get away with it.

It's only recently that through some brave women who could have now ruined their careers that others feel they can speak about their own experiences.

White men have held power ever since the dawn of age. Assault/rape etc is in itself a sublimination of power. You have to hold people to account, and in most cases, it's men. Men in more powerful positions who feel they can get away with it.

It's only recently that through some brave women who could have now ruined their careers that others feel they can speak about their own experiences.

No I wouldn't have voted for Trump but then I wouldn't have voted for Clinton either. If I had to favour one over the other it would be Clinton but US politics is completely screwed and makes our flawed system look squeaky clean. The point I'm making badly is it is far too easy to hide behind whatever agenda you want to use to claim oppressed minority. Society is changing and that's a good thing.

Are you describing Rotherham council?

Unlike Rotherham council

Someone didn't pay attention in their history lessons.

Even today there are horrible white men who think its wrong to sexual mutilate young girls, honour kill their daughters or stone women to death. You can be sure the racist xenophobes voted Brexit or Trump.

Back