• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably Hilton inn express like the one at the airport

The one at the airport is a Holiday Inn. (To be fair though, I thought it was an express, they must have upgraded it?)

Anyway their fierce rivals....Hilton & IHG are like Pepsi V Coca Cola in the hotel industry. I'm not surprised Hilton decided to muscle in on their territory earlier. It was either them or Novotel.

No mention at all on capacity. Without the two tiered main stand it has to be smaller. A capacity of around 18k would be perfect.

Anyway their fierce rivals....Hilton & IHG are like Pepsi V Coca Cola in the hotel industry. I'm not surprised Hilton decided to muscle in on their territory earlier.

..... they probably know nothing about it !

I would say we'd need at least 20k which would give us room to grow as a club.....

I'd disagree. 18k is a good size as it allows us to aim for a steady 10k + in league one and 15k+ in the championship without over 10k of empty seats which would be horrendous.

Phasing according to current plans, and yes once completed capacity would be 21,000.

Planning » Application Summary

17/00733/FULM | Hybrid planning application for part full and part outline consent for phased development for relocation of Southend United Football Club comprising:

Full application:

Phase 1a: Erect a football stadium; comprising east, west, south stands north stand basement excavation, plus lower tier of 13,893 seats; changing rooms; ticket office; club shop; food drink concessions; cafe/restaurant; stadium parking, new vehicular access from Fossetts Way, pedestrian access from Sutton Road and related ancillary works Temporary stadium works including: Erect end stand cladding, press seats and workroom, directors' seating and box, scoreboard and floodlights

Phase 1b: Erect Fan Plaza residential building of 3-6 storey's for 101 units, two retail units, parking, landscaping, access, related ancillary works

Phase 1c: erect buildings ranging in height from 5.8m-37.2m to provide a total of up to 36,603sqm of floorspace, comprising: a cinema of up to 12 screens (5,091sqm) and related ancillary floorspace; open A1 comparison retail of up to 26,505sqm including 90% mezzanine cover, ancillary space; up to 4,524sqm of restaurants including mezzanines (use class A3), up to 483sqm management suite; maintenance store; ancillary floorspace; car parking; servicing; landscaping; new public realm; access, related ancillary work | Part Of Fossetts Farm, Playing Fields, Jones Memorial Recreation Grd And SUFC Training Grd Eastern Avenue Southend-On-Sea Essex

Phase 2a: Erect football stadium north stand, comprising 7,107 seats; 107 bedroom hotel; conference floorspace and two residential corners to stadium of 182 apartments up to six additional storeys and related ancillary works

Phase 2b: erect two residential buildings Fossetts Way North and South of 4-5 storeys and 3-6 storeys of 93 units, car parking, access, landscaping and ancillary works

Phase 3: erect two soccer domes, changing facilities, classrooms, players hostel accommodation, parking (including spaces for Cemetery use) and landscaping demolition of existing training centre and club house; Outline application (with all matters reserved except means of access)

2tBJNI.png

ueLD09.png

The one at the airport is a Holiday Inn. (To be fair though, I thought it was an express, they must have upgraded it?)

Anyway their fierce rivals....Hilton & IHG are like Pepsi V Coca Cola in the hotel industry. I'm not surprised Hilton decided to muscle in on their territory earlier. It was either them or Novotel.

Ah yes - big United States companies that drive out local competition and reduce employment. Sounds great. :sad:

Phasing according to current plans, and yes once completed capacity would be 21,000.

Planning » Application Summary

17/00733/FULM | Hybrid planning application for part full and part outline consent for phased development for relocation of Southend United Football Club comprising:

Full application:

Phase 1a: Erect a football stadium; comprising east, west, south stands north stand basement excavation, plus lower tier of 13,893 seats; changing rooms; ticket office; club shop; food drink concessions; cafe/restaurant; stadium parking, new vehicular access from Fossetts Way, pedestrian access from Sutton Road and related ancillary works Temporary stadium works including: Erect end stand cladding, press seats and workroom, directors' seating and box, scoreboard and floodlights

Phase 1b: Erect Fan Plaza residential building of 3-6 storey's for 101 units, two retail units, parking, landscaping, access, related ancillary works

Phase 1c: erect buildings ranging in height from 5.8m-37.2m to provide a total of up to 36,603sqm of floorspace, comprising: a cinema of up to 12 screens (5,091sqm) and related ancillary floorspace; open A1 comparison retail of up to 26,505sqm including 90% mezzanine cover, ancillary space; up to 4,524sqm of restaurants including mezzanines (use class A3), up to 483sqm management suite; maintenance store; ancillary floorspace; car parking; servicing; landscaping; new public realm; access, related ancillary work | Part Of Fossetts Farm, Playing Fields, Jones Memorial Recreation Grd And SUFC Training Grd Eastern Avenue Southend-On-Sea Essex

Phase 2a: Erect football stadium north stand, comprising 7,107 seats; 107 bedroom hotel; conference floorspace and two residential corners to stadium of 182 apartments up to six additional storeys and related ancillary works

Phase 2b: erect two residential buildings Fossetts Way North and South of 4-5 storeys and 3-6 storeys of 93 units, car parking, access, landscaping and ancillary works

Phase 3: erect two soccer domes, changing facilities, classrooms, players hostel accommodation, parking (including spaces for Cemetery use) and landscaping demolition of existing training centre and club house; Outline application (with all matters reserved except means of access)

2tBJNI.png

ueLD09.png

That seems to indicate that the main stand would be two tier, or am I reading it wrong?

So much for it having 4 sides like was rumoured recently.

Couldnt see how after submitting plans for 3 stands it would suddenly be built with 4. Was hoping Id be wrong but not heard anything to show that it will be built complete.

Bit far from the road to walk to with my bad knees. I stopped going to West Ham for same reason as did a lot of others. Too far to walk to stadium. No takeaways or pubs on the way to ground. I'd prefer for Roots Hall to be re-developed as there's space enough and a cosy environment surrounding the ground.

Back