• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is brilliant Andy !������������

It can't be real, I couldn't see any traffic jams.

All those people there and hardly any cars ........... must be very futuristic!

On a more serious note, I agree that it does look good. I hope there is enough catering there (well, to be honest I mean decent beer and not just some sterilised corporate lager) to entice me to get there early and leave late. :smile:

I really want to feel positive, but I just wish it looked like a football stadium & not a block of flats. But hey ho, beggars can’t be choosers.

Looks nice but packed already so looks like we are building it too small.

I really want to feel positive, but I just wish it looked like a football stadium & not a block of flats. But hey ho, beggars can’t be choosers.

I think they have been nicely incorporated to be honest. Stadium actually looks nicer than the original one with the big towers bolted on to it.

We've had plans before (starting 35+ years back), we've had approvals before, we've seemingly gone some way to having funding before. Until the first digger is on the land and turning turf I'm about as excited as a death row inmate getting a last visit from the priest.

Just like Stadium MK !:winking:

Technically it's a Doubletree at the MK, a slightly lower brand of the company, but still decent though. The only Hilton Hotel I can think of off the top of my head which is connected to football, is the Hilton at Englands St Georges Park complex & Wembley of course.

Last edited:
Well...here we are...again. More images of the new stadium. Only this time it looks like it has a secondary school in it - and this is part of making it appealing by building one for the town. (Legra Academy)

That will be the Cecil Jones link. Legra Trust run Cecil, Belfairs and Darlinghurst schools. The plans pinch some of Cecil Jones' land, so no doubt a sweetener with some classroom/PE space incorporated in the plans.

At least Ron will have some new pictures to carry around in his usually empty folder at away games now. Bet other chairmen can't wait to hear the same story again over 10 years running.

That will be the Cecil Jones link. Legra Trust run Cecil, Belfairs and Darlinghurst schools. The plans pinch some of Cecil Jones' land, so no doubt a sweetener with some classroom/PE space incorporated in the plans.

they have to reprovide for the Cecil Jones land lost in the development. This means the school can use the dome during term time IIRC.

Has Ron thought about going back to the original 1985 plan for a new stadium? To be honest, if this were actually built it would be funnier.

Personally, I really like it, and I don't mind the towers in the two corners over the main entrance also, I think it makes it a bit different. As a matter of fact. Purely for symmetrical reasons and easy on the eye, I would prefer it if each four corners had them rather than just the two.

Back