• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup 2017

mattitouk

Life President
I was gonna comment on this earlier in the competition, but if i'm honest, I couldn't be arsed!

Anyway, I just finished watching a brilliant performance from England V PNG in the Quarter finals.

Next up Tonga in the Semi Finals!.....

I reckon this could be another addition to our (late) summer of success.

As a side note, I love out kit, with the St Georges Cross on our shirt. Better than that new black crap that our nation has in the union.

I wondered if anyone other Zoners were following it - not ideal being up at five to five on a Sunday morning, but well worth it.

Same again on Saturday for the semi-final!

Love Rugby League and unlucky London Broncos this year, but back to WC.

Not sure if we are good enough to win the WC, but with All Blacks shock defeat it gives us a clearer path.

Do think Australia have not got out of third gear yet, and been my tip from the start(Agree not an outsider) but love their flowing rugby

Sadly cannot see any of the games,im in Germany...but come on ENGLAND

Love Rugby League and unlucky London Broncos this year, but back to WC.

Not sure if we are good enough to win the WC, but with All Blacks shock defeat it gives us a clearer path.

Do think Australia have not got out of third gear yet, and been my tip from the start(Agree not an outsider) but love their flowing rugby

I agree - but a gut-wrenching England defeat in the final is a step better than one in the semi! Would be hopeful of us winning it when it is back over here in four years.

Loving how well PNG, Tonga and Fiji have done. The game needs to do all it can to help them develop.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fiji don't pull off a shock against Australia. Either way I don't think it will be a walk over....

After all (despite their lowly 4-2 win over the All Blacks) Fiji have scored the most points than any other nation so far in this tournament (#172) they also have scored the most tries (#32) & have the joint best conversion rate (#20).

That being said, (on paper at least) Tonga also seem to have the upper hand against us in all departments, with the exception of most tackles.

Either way, both games should hopefully make good viewing.

Love the way the Pacific Islands play the game, with freedom and a no fear run at the defence attitude and they seem to love to take a hit :smile:

Do agree if any one will beat Oz it will be one of the Islands, just hope if Australia do get through against us, they have been roughed up a bit more with the hard hits

Just wish the Southern part of the country embrace the game more than that boring Rugby Union kicking art game, like frigging chess being played by blokes with cauliflower ears

UTS

Just wish the Southern part of the country embrace the game more than that boring Rugby Union kicking art game, like frigging chess being played by blokes with cauliflower ears

UTS

giphy.gif

Don't get to as many Broncos games as I used to but have my eye on the home game v Toronto in February, should be very interesting.

Actually, on the scheduling - there was an 80% chance that England would be playing in that QF slot yesterday (it would have been different had we beaten Australia).

So why on earth was it scheduled to be at 5am UK time? No chance of any casual vierwes watching the game then, only people who are already interested in the sport. Plain dumb.

Well I think it's safe to say that the Australia / Fiji game was one sided to say the least.

Ooooh My Days!!.. that is a must watch!

Best match iv'e seen in many years!!

Were gonna spanked in final, but at least we made it thru to the world cup final!!

OMG what a brave referee not to go upstairs !!

Tongo so unlucky , England you know what it’s like to fight to the last minute, now go and bring the trophy home next week

I love your optimism, but we are gonna get spanked. To be fair though, our back line is the best in the tournament.

Shame we cant convert chances.

Where have I heard that before?

So it is Australia V England in the World Cup Final..... Opinions always welcome.

I hate to say it, but Aussie by 16 points

i really hope I’m wrong !!!

Yeah, I| think they will beat us comfortably. But at least we are in the final - I've only been following RL since 1996, so this is the first one for me where we have been in it!

Love Rugby League , Melbourne Storm are my team and need i say it Australia are the best RL team in the world and have been for a long time now .But great to see the likes of FIJI, TONGA, SOMOA etc doing so well ,enjoy the way they play .

Shame to see Hooker Josh Hodgson out with an ACL, in nay form its bad enough but to miss a final he must be gutted

Hope he recovers and comes back stronger

Back