• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like most on here the last game I enjoyed was Blackburn. Going back to last season when we threw it away there were several poor games, even when we beat Chesterfield 4 nil it was pretty boring.

I have realistic expectations but I have been very bored and frustrated this season. I hate to say it because he's a good bloke but I am sick of watching Timlin not be able to pass a football week in week out.

2-0 up against Blackburn at half time they clearly thought promotion was won. Second half we let them back in - they could so easily have equalised. It's been down hill ever since.

Just a reminder Oxley, Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie, McGlashan , Leonard, Timlin, Kightly, Cox, Fortune. Give them another go if they are fit.

^
:smile:

I tell you what was a good performance. That home game against Bradford City last season.

... and against Wimbledon.

Come to think of it, quite a lot of home games last season.

... and Peterborugh, MK Dons and Bury away.

... and the 2-0 win at Oxford.

This season, less so, I agree 'Lenny', but most of our better performances last season came after around now, so all to look forward to for those with half a pint still to enjoy.

We had a better side last season IMHO.

Couldn't argue with that, in truth.

We've had a lot of central defensive pairings. Not had Coker fit and probably miss Atkinson's Duracell qualities.

Plus certain players haven't fired yet, this season.

Couldn't argue with that, in truth.

We've had a lot of central defensive pairings. Not had Coker fit and probably miss Atkinson's Duracell qualities.

Plus certain players haven't fired yet, this season.

I personally think we have a far better squad than last season (on paper anyway). Though injuries have been a concern again pre season, which always seems to be the case.

Coker is a big miss for me, though I wouldn't have Atkinson in front of any of our midfield this season.

Personally I think we're very much underperforming so far this season.

Agreed and I also think PB isn't sure where best to fit some of the players in.

Kightly, Wright, McLaughlin and so on. Where best and what system to get the best from the team.

Additionally, we've had to shuffle the pack because of injuries, with Lenny switching to centre-half for example.

Throw in some poor work in the final third and it all spells inconsistency, which pretty much sums us up.

I haven't seen us away since Charlton last season, so I'm looking forward to seeing how we set-up and perform tomorrow night, to see where it might be going wrong away from home.

Fleetwood away we played very well, even before they went down to 10 men. Knocking the ball around with confidence and even swagger and should have scored more than the 4 we did get.

However, playing well and getting 3 points are not always the same thing, even though as paying fans we’d obviously like to see both. The points we’ve got on the board are largely through some drab home wins - without those we’d be in the bottom 4.

You also need a bit of luck too - thought on the Ranger penalty miss is that maybe it cancels out our last-minute penalty save against Blackpool. On balance if both pens had been scored then both those games would have been draws and we’d be a point worse off so we’re still in credit, just.

Seeing how many goals we have conceded he isn't doing a very good job of it if that's the case.

We have the 6th worst defensive record in the league.
If you read my original post I said at Home - we have only conceded 6 at home in 8 matches (so far)

Apart from Col U, then Walsall away. A 1-0 lead for over an hour. We defended really well right from the front for the whole of the second half. Their keeper made some good saves in the second half whilst they failed to register a shot for 45minutes. It was injury time before Oxley had to make that good save after the ref gave them one of those strange decisions we seem to suffer from.

On the contrary, if you read my original post I said at Home - we are so far unbeaten at home this season.

Only played one of the current top ten at home so far and 5 of the bottom 6. Let's hope we're still unbeaten at home going into the new year after Oxford, Brad City , Charlton and Shrewsbury.

Indeed but it has been like watching paint dry so far this season (Blackburn apart).

In the vast majority of matches played under Brown, we have been negative and dull even in victory. When you walk away with three points that is the main thing but even our wins are lacking in style and excitement.

We look shaky defensively and - unlike last year - we just don't look like scoring goals, Ranger and Cox have underperfomed massively so far. While we'll be in no real danger of relegation we look a very average League One side IMHO. I guess we'll have to see if Wordsworth and Coker can make the difference.

I would find it hard to believe that anyone could say we didn't play well today! Great team performance. Well worthy of the win

Back