• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you use to take them with thousands of people watching ?

Taking one over Leigh Marshes against a milkman is probably a bit different :smile:

Italia 90 disagrees !

As for the keeper, no its harder to save one than score one. He has to react after the ball has been hit (or get lucky), the ball doesnt just go left or right, it can be bottom corner, top corner or anywhere in between.

The odds of scoring are well in favour of the striker, or it wouldnt be a justified punishment against the defending team. Which makes the fact we cant score them even more frustrating!

I don't think any of us on here have, except Stan is he is still on here. I honestly don't think I'd feel more pressure in front of thousands than I did when it was a shoot out to get my team through one of our sunday league cup competitions. I didn't want to be the one to let all my team mates down and end our chance of winning silverware. I felt nerves and I felt almighty relief when they went in. You have time and control over the situation though, you can pick you spot, not deviate or change your mind and you will most likely score. Your heart can be beating 100mph but if you take your time and do the above it doesn't matter.

I don't think any of us on here have, except Stan is he is still on here. I honestly don't think I'd feel more pressure in front of thousands than I did when it was a shoot out to get my team through one of our sunday league cup competitions. I didn't want to be the one to let all my team mates down and end our chance of winning silverware. I felt nerves and I felt almighty relief when they went in. You have time and control over the situation though, you can pick you spot, not deviate or change your mind and you will most likely score. Your heart can be beating 100mph but if you take your time and do the above it doesn't matter.

I missed in a final at Eastwoodbury lane after breaking the golden rule.

I have been the nominated penalty taker for quite a few teams and have a good record. I had actually scored that night (open play) so had no reason to be nervous. The manager put me at number 5 and we had saved one. So I had to score to win the cup, which with 200+ watching does add pressure.

As a left footer I always tucked them inside the left post...easy can't go wrong. Except some well meaning excited dad run round with his bulky last century VHS camera and crouched down to film from behind the goal at my exact target point. At the very last second I went to the keepers left and sure enough it was poor and saveable height.

Its a very long walk back and there fans never sounded louder. Luckily for me we won the sudden death after another couple of rounds, I was the first person to 'bundle' the winning scorer. Even in the changing room as people passed the cup round with the standard champers, I still felt like I had let the lads down and a bit of fraud taking a sip.

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to miss one in a WC or in the Euros when it costs your country a place in the final

Back