• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown: We aren't as good as we think

Your absolutely right whateveryourknnownsasnow. We all know you would be the best man because your team and your tactics would always be the best. The fact that PB believes somehow it is his job proves, unlike you, the man is totally deluded.

One of your best skills is to know exactly what went wrong without even attending the game. The trouble is with our club we have far to many fans who go all to places like Pompey or MK and make the opinions on what they actually see on the pitch. Again self-deluding themselves about their own eyes.

I keep telling people to listened to you or say davewebbs brain etc, the very people who are so smart you know it was all 'Browns fault' (unless we win or get promoted) even before the game has kicked off.

The best thing to do is to let everyone know your opinion about PB on every thread. Use any excuse going to slag because there are far to many on here who haven't got the message yet:thumbsup:

With the Brown bashers its a case of their mouthy minority versus the silent majority.

With the Brown bashers its a case of their mouthy minority versus the silent majority.

Hmmmm. I think you and Rigsby constitute being 'mouthy' at its best. I am entitled to my opinion and if you pair just stick to challenging it, instead of constantly making it personal, it would be a lot better on here.

im Looking forward to PB linking himself with the West Brom job in tomorrow’s echo!

Not the biggest fan but the guy is going nowhere from now till the end of the season, just got
to suck it up and hope the bloke can turn things around. I think this squad is a very good squad it’s just not been the most fit squad unfortunately

'I am the man for the job...Rigsby is my PR guru...every supporter feels nothing less than love and gratitude for me.'

Hmmmm. I think you and Rigsby constitute being 'mouthy' at its best. I am entitled to my opinion and if you pair just stick to challenging it, instead of constantly making it personal , it would be a lot better on here.

Don't dish it out and then grizzle if people reply.

Hmmmm. I think you and Rigsby constitute being 'mouthy' at its best. I am entitled to my opinion and if you pair just stick to challenging it, instead of constantly making it personal, it would be a lot better on here.

I can't say I've seen either of them being personal about being Pro Brown, in fact its the opposite, it's the Brown out brigade who are constantly highjacking every post with there Brown out comments. It doesn't matter what post it is, it always ends up with about 10 people turning the post boring and negative towards Brown.

I've certainly noticed that the regular posters have stopped coming on here, maybe they're sick and tired of the negativity as well.

im Looking forward to PB linking himself with the West Brom job in tomorrow’s echo!

Not the biggest fan but the guy is going nowhere from now till the end of the season, just got
to suck it up and hope the bloke can turn things around. I think this squad is a very good squad it’s just not been the most fit squad unfortunately

One thing's for sure it will be his ideal job/ no1 choice /boyhood dream job or anything else other than managing the shrimpers

One thing I often think is that if we were halfway up League 2 now, say Col Ewe, and someone said we would get a manager in who might not be the most popular guy, but would have us challenging for the play-offs in League 1 within two years, my guess is we would pretty much all take that manager on?

Last edited:
The reality is that this isn't a departure from the norm for Brown. He's always been prone to spouting sensationalist claptrap, whether that be prospective jobs/employers, the form of the team or the pursuit of his top transfer targets. I personally am still broadly supportive of the current regime, but am getting bored of Brown failing to take responsibility for his own shortcomings...

One thing I often think is that if we were halfway up League 2 now, say Col Ewe and someone said we would get a manager in who might not be the most popular guy, but would have us challenging for the play-offs in League 1 within two years, my guess is we would pretty much all take that manager on?

Andy.... Your flogging a dead horse..... You do sit on the fence, but listen to posts and reply politely. Like you (deep down), I'm happy to be playing lg1 football with still 3/4 of the season to go.

I think the key 'Leo' is to keep an open mind.

We are a club that could lose our assets if we are too successful anyway (i.e. top players, manager and so on).

PB isn't a fans favourite, for some reason. But he isn't the worst manager we could have.

RM, ditto.

We have good players here. Play some decent football and are sitting OK in the third division, taking 1,500+ supporters to some away games and having a decent average attendance at home.

I'd say we are doing fine but, like most clubs, with the exception of Shrewsbury, we could do better. We could do a lot worse, though.

Back