• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry - just to explain.

My point was not about the merits of these players but the appalling way that they (and others) were treated by the manager.

Personally, I don't think Luke Prosser was badly treated.He just wasn't good enough for L1,that's all.However,there was clearly a man-management issue with Adam Barrett,who was effectively shipped out of the side after a a bad away defeat early last season, when he said we were in a relegation scrap.Clearly, I can't comment on his performances before that game -as apart from one early season home match which I did see -I listened to the rest on BBC Essex.Frankly, I was suprised AB hadn't retired at the end of the previous season, though apparently PB had asked him to continue.However, performances/results at the back certainly did improve after AB was dropped and Anton Ferdinand was brought into the side last season.We were in the bottom 3 at the time and eventually finished 7th.Not that that in any way, excuses the manner in which AB was subsequently treated.It's a safe bet he'll come back to the club one day,in some capacity, after the Phil Brown era has ended.

The other player you mentioned was John White.Nobody would question that he's been outstanding when called upon this season.However,the point is that he's not first choice at RB or CH. The reality is that he's on a one year deal and will probably be let go at the end of the season.I certainly haven't heard JW complain to the media about his treatment by the manager.

I'm with TUIB on this. I watched him often, and i also didn't think he was a League One player, if we kept him, at best he would be warming the bench.... and in hindsight, I'm glad we off loaded him to our 6 fingered cousins up the A12. As he's been out of action since November 2016 & will probably won't return until 2018!
You watched him And are entitled to an opinion, bana didn’t watch him and was expressing an opinion based on having seen him play previously. How does he know he didn’t improve and Barrett got worse? He doesn’t as he didn’t see him- but he is never ever wrong

You watched him And are entitled to an opinion, bana didn’t watch him and was expressing an opinion based on having seen him play previously. How does he know he didn’t improve and Barrett got worse? He doesn’t as he didn’t see him- but he is never ever wrong

FYI,I've seen Luke Prosser play on various occasions in both L2 and L1.Certainly enough times to have an opinion about him.

I thought I was on last years thread with all the posts about AB and Prosser.

For those of you who are in 2017. What about Turner, he earned our penalty and I still can't work out how he never got us the winner. Yes it was a text book head down but I was out of my seat convinced he would bury it.

Looks like the aerial threat we have been missing for so long from set plays. Pleased he managed 2 full games in 3 days despite some saying he will never manage that.

Back