• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Saturday is rapidly approaching and with it the arrival of Oxford United to Roots Hall complete with Jackie Payne. I can't be arsed to offer up a line-up yet but instead I offer this for those that don't know who Jackie Payne was, or have forgotten how big he was and also I love an opportunity to gratuitously replay one of the strips from this series from SBH.

1503966_1376880249235020_1962794530_n.jpg

LikeShow More Reactions

We have a great record against oxford! There fans hate us as we are definitely there bogey team! Can only see us winning this one 2-0 put hendrie back in for timlin and start with marco and ba up top!

Time to guess at Phil's selection.
Oxley
Demitriou Turner Ferdinand Timlin
Kightly Wright Lenny McLaughlin
Cox Robinson​

Bench: Bishop White Ba McGlashan Wordsworth Ranger? Hendrie

If this happens it will again be very harsh on JW but I just can't see Timlin not starting at LB.

Lenny needs to be detailed to suppress Payne, assuming he starts. No-one will know him better.

Can't see many changes from Tuesday's starting line up in all honesty.

If MAF is fit, then no need to change the side from Tuesday.

If not, I'd be tempted to start with Ba. I think he'd link up play better and we can always unleash Theo and McG in the second-half.

Same eleven for me as Tuesday. Still can't beleive we never got 3 points, two days later!

Injury doubts over Demi, Kightly, MAF and McL I beleive. Not sure about Woody?

If any of those miss out, I would have White for Demi, McG for Kightly or McL and Ranger for MAF. Can't start Cox and Ba upfront, nothing would stick.

I think there is goals in this game, I'm going for a 2-2 draw in front of 7,057 fans.

Yes, it's because Nile has been working in the ticket office, this week!

Ticket sales seem very slow considering we haven't had a home game for weeks.

From the club's perspective, you don't want games too often as some people can't afford/don't want to come to all of them.

You also don't want too big a gap as people find other things to do.

Saturday will be 35 days since our last home League match which is ridiculous; time to end this International call up nonsense.

From the club's perspective, you don't want games too often as some people can't afford/don't want to come to all of them.

Saturday will be 35 days since our last home League match which is ridiculous; time to end this International call up nonsense.

Totally agree and we now have 5 home games in the next 36 days over an expensive christmas period.

Don't forget the FA cup AND a postponement.

I'd like to see Ba and Yearwood getting more first team action but I can't see who to make way for them.

With the information that is available (which is quite rightly very little), I can't see Ranger being in the squad. If Robinson is injured as well and Marco not fully fit then Ba would stand a good chance of starting the game.

A lot of "ifs" in the above though.

With the information that is available (which is quite rightly very little), I can't see Ranger being in the squad. If Robinson is injured as well and Marco not fully fit then Ba would stand a good chance of starting the game.

A lot of "ifs" in the above though.
Just heard on BBC Essex that Ranger will be in the squad on Saturday.

Ticket sales seem very slow considering we haven't had a home game for weeks.

They seem on par with a normal match. Apart from saving £2 pre match there is little point in ore sales for some.

That figure does not include away fans or corporate seating. I would imagine Oxford will bring 600+

There will be over 7k for sure. Maybe nudging 8k if we are lucky.

Back