• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They seem on par with a normal match. Apart from saving £2 pre match there is little point in ore sales for some.

That figure does not include away fans or corporate seating. I would imagine Oxford will bring 600+

There will be over 7k for sure. Maybe nudging 8k if we are lucky.

I would expect them to bring more than that for a Saturday afternoon game.

They have been averaging just over 1,100 away fans so far this season, so I presume they will sell the 800 allocation easily.

Ticket sales seem very slow considering we haven't had a home game for weeks.

It's been a poor week for results... Maybe that's playing a part. I'm really looking forward to this one, I do wish it was played tonight under floodlights though. We had a great couple against them under lights a few seasons ago.

I'm going to guess a lineup but hope Ba gets more minutes, sounded lively on the radio Tuesday, can't wait for him to get off the mark and see what that does for him.

It's been a while since we played them at home on a Saturday, I think.

Last season was a Tuesday night and the other year it was a televised evening game.

It's been a poor week for results... Maybe that's playing a part. I'm really looking forward to this one, I do wish it was played tonight under floodlights though. We had a great couple against them under lights a few seasons ago.

I'm going to guess a lineup but hope Ba gets more minutes, sounded lively on the radio Tuesday, can't wait for him to get off the mark and see what that does for him.
Just come along for the 2nd half then.:smile:

Now knowing a bit more about the injury situation my team would be

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand Hendrie
Kightly Wright Lenny McL
Cox MAF

Subs - Woody White McG Yearwood Ba Ranger Bishop

Dont care how many turn up. This site does seem obsessed with the attendance sometimes. :omg:

Now knowing a bit more about the injury situation my team would be

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand Hendrie
Kightly Wright Lenny McL
Cox MAF

Subs - Woody White McG Yearwood Ba Ranger Bishop

Dont care how many turn up. This site does seem obsessed with the attendance sometimes. :omg:

Attendance comment-agreed!Line-up-almost agreed! I’d start Wordsworth if he’s fit ,and also have Timlin on the bench.

Attendance comment-agreed!Line-up-almost agreed! I’d start Wordsworth if he’s fit ,and also have Timlin on the bench.

I would start Wordsworth normally, but not sure if he is 100%. Also Timlin is a doubt which is why I had Hendrie at LB

There's a cluster of teams a couple of points above us including Oxford, important to get 3 points if we want to stay in touch with the pack rather than start looking over our shoulder.

I've spoken to a couple of people and there would seem to be little enthusiasm for watching the team at the moment. I am sure they will still turn up on Saturday and cheer on the team ........... but they aren't waiting for the next game to come along.

I think this is because so many of us feel that the team are not performing to the standard that we know (or is it think?) that they can achieve.

I think we are closer to turning things around than not ........ but Oxford (and Payne) may have something to say about that.

Oh well. Let's see what Saturday brings.

1st home match in what seems like ages.

Honestly I'm right up for this.

My head says 1-1

My heart says 3-1

It's been a while since we played them at home on a Saturday, I think.

Last season was a Tuesday night and the other year it was a televised evening game.

The penultimate previous home League game was a Saturday (1-1). That was sandwiched between the two matches you mention, the second of which was refereed, rather well, by today's official.

The last two home League matches against them had a total of 15 yellow cards. That third televised game had none.

I've spoken to a couple of people and there would seem to be little enthusiasm for watching the team at the moment. I am sure they will still turn up on Saturday and cheer on the team ........... but they aren't waiting for the next game to come along.

I think this is because so many of us feel that the team are not performing to the standard that we know (or is it think?) that they can achieve.

I think we are closer to turning things around than not ........ but Oxford (and Payne) may have something to say about that.

Oh well. Let's see what Saturday brings.
not going today as at the moment I'm simply not enjoying this... for many reasons ...but mainly the product isn't enjoyable...and after all these years I find myself bored at the circus that is Phil Brown... I know we have worse, but I'm just finding this painful....can't believe I'm saying this... but I'm looking forward to the rugby ....I think I need a bit of treatment ...

not going today as at the moment I'm simply not enjoying this... for many reasons ...but mainly the product isn't enjoyable...and after all these years I find myself bored at the circus that is Phil Brown... I know we have worse, but I'm just finding this painful....can't believe I'm saying this... but I'm looking forward to the rugby ....I think I need a bit of treatment ...

Sounds like you need a check up from the neck up. :winking:

What if Southend go and play some lovely footie? Then you will regret not going. Best to get yourself along to Roots Hall - surely the only treatment you really need. :smile:

Back