• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Surprised not to see this on here already, looks to me as if things are notching up a gear...
https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/november/now-is-the-time-for-your-support/

[FONT=&quot]The club aim to create a state of the art modern sport and leisure stadium at Fossetts Farm in the heart of south Essex. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plans include a 21,000 seater stadium, cinema, hotel, restaurants, two soccer domes and retail outlets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now is the time for your support...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why now?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Let’s not kid ourselves Roots Hall is not fit for the modern game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-1-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Like you, we would prefer to be spending money on the playing squad to get us in to The Championship than maintaining our old stadium and training ground.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-2-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. As we all know, new facilities attract higher profile players and would allow us to enhance and upgrade the great work of our Academy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-3-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. A new stadium and state-of-the art training facility would not only put us on the football map but would also be a shining beacon for the Town.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-4-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. A new stadium and training facilities will be the springboard required to get us up and keep us in The Championship and possibly beyond.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-5-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Without stating the obvious, our new stadium will not only bring huge benefits to our club but will also generate revenue right across the region as when we gain Championship status we would currently see the likes of Leeds United, Aston Villa and Sunderland helping local businesses with several thousand travelling fans spending money in our town.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-6-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. You will recall that in 2006 we got promoted at Swansea City thanks to a brace from Freddy Eastwood and the Swans' rise to Premier League status now generates an estimated £58 million per annum in to the local economy with a huge increase in trade at pubs, hotels, restaurants and travel. The Liberty Stadium has played a pivotal role in their story.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-7-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. With all your support and backing, once we get planning permission the first spade in the ground will happen within the adapted programme of 18 weeks after permission being granted. We own Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm to build these new facilities on and only require the green light from the council to start this fantastic project at last![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bullet-point-8-web.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our time is now and we need everyone to get behind the club to get us the planning approval to enable us to enter a new and exciting era in the history of this great football club![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
1906.jpg
[/FONT]

"Now is the time for your support" is an odd title, considering the fact we have been supporting the idea of a new stadium for 30 odd years.

It's a nice positive sound bite from the club, aside from the fact that the article doesn't actually tell us how the club would like our help and support with this.

"Now is the time for your support" is an odd title, considering the fact we have been supporting the idea of a new stadium for 30 odd years.

It's a nice positive sound bite from the club, aside from the fact that the article doesn't actually tell us how the club would like our help and support with this.

I believe there will be more on that tomorrow.

I'm led to believe there is more movement on this than ever before at the moment.

Things are notching up a gear ...? Seeing is believing, and once again, there is nothing to see.

A council review of the plans is due in December right? So I’m assuming they’re publicising the plans and their benefits to the club and town to do everything in their power to get permission to get cracking. I can still remember 10 years ago when fans were encouraged to campaign outside the council offices for a planning permission meeting.

Well I still care to dream. Best of luck to RM and his plans and I hope they now come to fruition and herald a new and even more successful future for our club. Those of us that love the club are prepared to put aside past disappointment and current cynicism and do all we can to support this project.

Bah ! Humbug ! Forget the cinema,if Seaway gets the go ahead.Retail outlets would be good, but the High Street is struggling and there is opposition to competition. The High Street is quite nasty at this time.Uncle Ron needs these other projects to make
it viable.Much as I like the idea of a new stadium.Without outside income,it might be a struggle.We've waited a long time for a new ground at least thirty years,between Jobson and Martin.May the good ship Fossetts sail.

Problem in the High Street is down to greedy landlord rents, it has nothing to do with SUFC.
Perhaps an approvement by the council and creating competition might encourage said landlords to reduce the sky high rents they charge. This could actually encourage the High Street to improve as a result of Fossetts Farm.

Plenty of noise being made rather unusually from the club on the stadium matter, hopefully it’s a sign of things progressing nicely.

How long have we waited and what do we have.......just pictures

So 18 weeks if approved is approx April/May next year? Typical as I am moving out the area a few months after that :sad:

Back