• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
Lenny the legs is on track for the hall of fame more than ever if he doesnt depart, although in all likelihood he will. I think hes turned out 23 times already and would be on track to be our first player to turn out in over 40 games a season ( including subs ) 4 times. ( 4 seasons ) pretty amazing but how come? What has Lenny got going for him in this respect?

It seems a tough feat. Over the past 9 seasons only 8 players managed to do it twice, The list is interesting.

Clohessy 92 games in 2 seasons
Francis 88 "
Barratt 86 "
Hurst 86 "
Barker 86 "
Bentley 85 "
Leonard 126 in 3 seasons
and the big surprise, the only forward.....CORR 84

I wonder if at one level its getting harder to achieve as we seem to have less players , irrespective of squad size, who manage to turn out for most of the season. If Coxy can keep going he might make the high numbers two seasons in a row and the Ox and Timmo are also currently on 23 appearances. In the past 3 seasons only 8 have achieved more than 40 appearances ( + subs ) whereas in the past, 5 players a season would more regularly achieve it and that was with large squads of between 34 and 37

Are we a bit more fragile , sheer bad luck? or is it referees ?or sheer intensity. I dont know but would welcome your views?
Question%20NEW%20OCT2.gif

The pitch is accounting for many this season!

The training pitch I'm assuming? That seems to be where the vast majority of our injuries occur. There actually hasn't been that many at Roots Hall this season, no more than away from home eg.

The training pitch I'm assuming? That seems to be where the vast majority of our injuries occur. There actually hasn't been that many at Roots Hall this season, no more than away from home eg.

No, Roots Hall - it's proving a cause for concern. Feet are getting stuck or finding no grip - two extremes that can lead to pulls or strains.

Lenny the legs is on track for the hall of fame more than ever if he doesnt depart, although in all likelihood he will. I think hes turned out 23 times already and would be on track to be our first player to turn out in over 40 games a season ( including subs ) 4 times. ( 4 seasons ) pretty amazing but how come? What has Lenny got going for him in this respect?

In 111 years?

It seems a tough feat. Over the past 9 seasons only 8 players managed to do it twice, The list is interesting.

Clohessy 92 games in 2 seasons
Francis 88 "
Barratt 86 "
Hurst 86 "
Barker 86 "
Bentley 85 "
Leonard 126 in 3 seasons
and the big surprise, the only forward.....CORR 84

What about Coker?

No, Roots Hall - it's proving a cause for concern. Feet are getting stuck or finding no grip - two extremes that can lead to pulls or strains.

Who has been injured as a result of the Roots Hall pitch?

Don't get me wrong the pitch is in terrible condition but I don't think it's caused an increase in injuries. As for slipping, the players should have the correct studs on....even Ferdinand can't use the pitch as an excuse of being overpowered, outpaced and unable to control or pass the ball on Sat.

Back