• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr. Bentley

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
...getting sme stick for last night on a Brentford forum;

"The defence has chopped & changed throughout, but the one constant has been Bentley & he’s worried me for weeks now. It seems that others are seeing this too, so is it time for Daniels to have a chance?"

I watched the game and was an awlful error, but then last line of defence is always in the line of flak. Supporters are so fickle so wouldn't read too much in forums, you only have to read comments on here, new signing world class, well done Southend for attracting good players, twenty games down the line, what a waste of money, release them and free up the the pay for other players :smile:

Too good for us, if he wanted to develop his trade and hope he gets the reward

See John Egan is the captain nowadays for The Bees

Was a shocker that in fairness.

Saw their fans raving about him for a performance a few weeks back so would echo the above comments.

Obviously we don't get to watch him week in week out anymore so it's hard to say how he game has developed but a big achilles heel in his game was timing his diving from free kicks and setting his wall. From little bits of highlights I see, that still seems to be a part of his game

Obviously we don't get to watch him week in week out anymore so it's hard to say how he game has developed but a big achilles heel in his game was timing his diving from free kicks and setting his wall. From little bits of highlights I see, that still seems to be a part of his game

Probably the worst I've ever seen from a free kick at Southend, would dive in slow motion

Probably the worst I've ever seen from a free kick at Southend, would dive in slow motion

I remember at Wembley the ball going in off Bentley's back. I'm not sure if it was the case then but diving late for that goal maybe meant it hit Bentley's back on the rebound off the cross bar and went in. I can't remember if that was the case or not

I remember at Wembley the ball going in off Bentley's back. I'm not sure if it was the case then but diving late for that goal maybe meant it hit Bentley's back on the rebound off the cross bar and went in. I can't remember if that was the case or not

It probably was but he could have caught it, turned around and volleyed it in his own net for all I cared if I still knew what was about to follow

Back