• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure about the 'thick snow' if you're referring to Jan 11, 1964. It was raining and miserable, and the gate of 4,500 plus was Rangers lowest for the next 40 years!
For me, and I've had a think, Wembley, just for the drama - and I have 55 years worth to contemplate

There are of course many. I'll throw a few more in:

Scunthorpe away in April 1972 after the heartbreak of the previous Friday night.
Chelsea 72 probably our best ever and unluckiest performance
QPR FA Cup Jan 75 fought back from 2-0 down to equalise against the side second in the first division
Cardiff FA Cup fourth round Jan 76 -last minute winner to set up the fifth round tie at Derby. I seem recall Mike England playing for Cardiff. I think he was going to join us at the start of the season but at the last minute ditched us for Cardiff adding a bit of spice to the game.
Blackpool May 88 - 4-0 win to keep us up after the Dick Bate fiasco where we had just 11 points after 19 games. Thank you Paul Clark and David Crown.
Luton May 93 - staying up after the Murphy fiasco -Thank you Bazzer and Stan.

For me the greatest moment has to be the Millenium Stadium play off win 28 May 2005.
After the customary poor start to the season after Freddy's debut we clocked up 16 wins and 9 draws and 4 defeats between 16 October and Good Friday 15 April when we lost to the Os at home. McCormack then got a last minute winner at Macclesfield the following Tuesday.Then with two games left if we had beaten Yeovil we could have been champions. Phil Jevons did for us in front of 11375. We then drew at Grimsby and slipped out of the top three.

So the final at the Millenium we were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Lincoln fans in a real game of football got through in extra time 2-0 with Juppy running 80 yards to get the second goal. Wonderful. Juppy only scored 5 goals in his whole career 4 of them at least 9 years earlier.

This ended the dross of 7 years in the bottom division.

For me the greatest moment has to be the Millenium Stadium play off win 28 May 2005.
After the customary poor start to the season after Freddy's debut we clocked up 16 wins and 9 draws and 4 defeats between 16 October and Good Friday 15 April when we lost to the Os at home. McCormack then got a last minute winner at Macclesfield the following Tuesday.Then with two games left if we had beaten Yeovil we could have been champions. Phil Jevons did for us in front of 11375. We then drew at Grimsby and slipped out of the top three.

So the final at the Millenium we were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Lincoln fans in a real game of football got through in extra time 2-0 with Juppy running 80 yards to get the second goal. Wonderful. Juppy only scored 5 goals in his whole career 4 of them at least 9 years earlier.

Couldn't agree more; so much better than drawing a shocking match, notable only for a dramatic change of fortune.

There are of course many. I'll throw a few more in:

Scunthorpe away in April 1972 after the heartbreak of the previous Friday night.
Chelsea 72 probably our best ever and unluckiest performance
QPR FA Cup Jan 75 fought back from 2-0 down to equalise against the side second in the first division
Cardiff FA Cup fourth round Jan 76 -last minute winner to set up the fifth round tie at Derby. I seem recall Mike England playing for Cardiff. I think he was going to join us at the start of the season but at the last minute ditched us for Cardiff adding a bit of spice to the game.
Blackpool May 88 - 4-0 win to keep us up after the Dick Bate fiasco where we had just 11 points after 19 games. Thank you Paul Clark and David Crown.
Luton May 93 - staying up after the Murphy fiasco -Thank you Bazzer and Stan.

This ended the dross of 7 years in the bottom division.
I would like to add the Villa game , the North Bank was immense .

The obvious ones, such as Wembley, Man Utd, Chelsea away. Wasn't at Bury, and away in Florida for Swansea and Bristol City (bad planning!)

A couple that stick out for me that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

Drawing with Colchester 2-2 and getting through to the final of the LDV for the first time in our history, with the added bonus of beating Colchester! Also Ben Reeves goal against Orient, again a 2-2 draw to get through to the final.

The away play off game at Doncaster, not for the result obviously, but for the amazing reaction of our fans. Felt proud walking out after that game despite being tanked 5-1

Back