• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

For those that are off, or even working but have sky go etc,.... Essex V Yorkshire (Royal London One Day Cup) is on Sky sports tomorrow from 2pm. :thumbsup:

Great start.

Come on you Eagles!

I'm not sure... Currently are Essex 35-2 (Cookie gone for 11 runs)

Chasing down 260 won't be a walk in the park. Especially in the fading light of day. Too many dot balls for my liking.

Last edited:
To make my night even worse....

Kent thrashed Nott's to make the semi finals. :sad:

I'm not sure... Currently are Essex 35-2 (Cookie gone for 11 runs)

Chasing down 260 won't be a walk in the park. Especially in the fading light of day. Too many dot balls for my liking.

It was a great start at 2:13pm when I posted that - we had them 2 down inside 2 overs! Unfortunately they recovered from 45-4 to post 259.

Accomodating Cook has messed with our order and it means we're not getting as fluent a start when Wheater was opening with Chopra. Hopefully our middle order will see us home though.

Probably missed Tendo and certainly miss an explosive top three batsman in One Day Cricket.

It was a used wicket and the ball was sticking in the surface, hence why Patterson was the most successful bowler with his medium pace stuff, so 250 odd was probably about par.

Probably missed Tendo and certainly miss an explosive top three batsman in One Day Cricket.

It was a used wicket and the ball was sticking in the surface, hence why Patterson was the most successful bowler with his medium pace stuff, so 250 odd was probably about par.

It was disappointing to let them get so many after having them 4 down for not much. We needed to go for the jugular then.

As I said earlier, I don't see this as a great one-day side and I think our strength is in 4 day cricket (where we are currently CHAMPIONS). Hopefully we can regroup and rebound there.

Maybe 10th time lucky in the T20.

Yep, given their precarious position and lack of key players, they were certainly there for the taking so 259 was more than they should have got.

Kent chased a similar score against Notts, but blazed away from ball one and knocked them off in 35 overs.

As several of the commentators said on air, we just stuttered along in our run chase.

That was handy getting Ross Taylor out right at the end today.

Also, hats off to 22 year old Ed Barnard of Worcestershire, who dismissed four top order Lancashire batsmen all for 0 in 2 overs this evening!

That was handy getting Ross Taylor out right at the end today.

Also, hats off to 22 year old Ed Barnard of Worcestershire, who dismissed four top order Lancashire batsmen all for 0 in 2 overs this evening!

:omg::omg:

Sad for Hameed- looked such a good prospect but his average this season would embarrass Phil Tufnell....

Yep, he really is struggling.

Spent a few games in Lancashire 2nd XI this season and has lost his opening spot for them.

380 all out. 4 for Harmer.

Meanwhile, Ed Barnard got another fella out for 0 this morning in his second over, so over 4 overs he took 5 wickets dismissing all 5 batsmen for 0! :cool:

Back