• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

6-1. Cook out for 0.

Top order is a joke this year. No way we're getting anywhere near 440.

The way we are batting , hate to say it, but 225 would be enough for Notts to win, nearing 400 now

Just hope Cookie finds a big score and others dig deep
UTE

Gone for a duck, considerably short of the big score we were all hoping for.

Edit: 15-2 now :cry:

This is getting embarrassing.

Looking at this years fixtures so far and we've hit 300 or more 3 times and lost our first wicket before we hit 25 runs in the 7 innings out of 10.

Simply not good enough

Yep, Tom Westley is bang out of nick and also where is Nick Browne, anyway?

MO, Yorkshire.

I'm sure someone at OS & S CC said to a mate of mine that Browne was due to play against them last Saturday.

That said, it would make sense that he was injured rather than out of favour as the rest of the top order would hardly be keeping him out of the side.

Just Googled and he has missed South Woodford's last couple of matches, although there was a chance he might have played, so obviously still not 100% fit.

Be interesting if he plays tomorrow.

Yep, Tom Westley is bang out of nick

You can say that again, considering he's our number 3, he has only averaged 16 runs so far this season.

And Chopra has only averaged 11 runs. :sad:

Truly shocking form.

Last edited:
Wagner and Harmer are 4th and 5th in the batting averages so far this year!

Chopra's averaging even less than Westley; whilst Tendo and Dan Lawrence are barely averaging 20.

Wheater is currently top of the averages and he's averaging 38 and even then that's from three innings (1 not out):sad:

What's surprising is how come we are so far up the table considering all this.

We did get ourselves in a mess a few times last season with our batting but the likes of Tendo and Fozzie got us out of jail and then we just blew the oppo batting away, but this season has been a bit tougher so far.

MO, Yorkshire.

I'm sure someone at OS & S CC said to a mate of mine that Browne was due to play against them last Saturday.

That said, it would make sense that he was injured rather than out of favour as the rest of the top order would hardly be keeping him out of the side.

He's back today, so he must have been close to being ready to play.

Also a first class debut for Michael Pepper on his 20th birthday. What a birthday present that is!

129-0.

Perfect weather for a day/nighter. Nice warm evening. Be interesting to see how many spectators attend after work. Las year, when I went to the Middlesex match, more people left at the second interval than came in the ground!

Back