• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Wasn't it just, 23 minutes and not a run on the board.

19/2 now after 10 overs, at this rate, I can't see us making 350 if we survive through the next 110 overs to achieve maximum batting bonus points.

Please, please, lord prove me wrong.

I couldn't agree with you more Shrimper, especially in this match.. (with the exception so far of cook) we've lost our top end batsman for just a pathetic 9 runs! :sad:

Cook gone for just 33 now!! :sad:

Essex 80-4

In perspective, Nott's were 256-4 before they lost their 5th wicket.

Conclusion: Were gonna get spanked!! :sad:

Need some work on our batting, not good enough. We're a step off Surrey, Somerset and Nottinghamshire this year.

Would suspects Notts put on another 250 then make us get 425 to win.

I thought 200 behind was cut off, maybe it's 150? Either way we aren't following on thank goodness.

Yep, I think Notts have decided, with a decent 2 day forecast, to bat us out of the game and try to force a win from there.

Surrey are on top in their game, so that should produce a result, so a win for Notts would be handy to keep the pressure on a bit.

It's a funny old game isn't it! Maybe, just maybe we can dare to dream of victory here? COYE

Yep, it's getting to the point where we wouldn't have enough time to get the runs even if we wanted to.

The way we are batting , hate to say it, but 225 would be enough for Notts to win, nearing 400 now

Just hope Cookie finds a big score and others dig deep
UTE

Back