• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flying to Australia during the match....hopefully nice and toasty upon arrival, with a good result to match :thumbsup:

I know some people wouldn't cross the road to watch a Checkatrade game, but Australia? That is a bit drastic.

Yes, it is a fine balancing act at times. Give youngsters the time on the pitch to develop and seasoned pros in the opposition might just eat up them and the rest of our team for tea. We have lost to Newport and Yeovil already in the cup and I can't think that Phil and Graham are keen to repeat that experience tomorrow night.

Even having good players on the bench is not much of an insurance policy - coming on after 60 minutes means that 2/3rds of the game is gone and that doesn't take any account of the player needing some time to get up to speed with the game and their opposite player.

All very interesting. Let's just go for the win I say.

The side we picked for Yeovil was our strongest one and we were still ****ing ****.

Teams Left are

South

Oxford, Charlton, Luton, Forest Green, Yeovil, Portsmouth, MK Dons/Chelsea (U21) and Peterborough/Southend

North

Oldham, Fleetwood, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Leicester (U21), Bury, Rochdale, Blackpool/Mansfield.

Dont know what the fuss is about the U21 teams to be honest. All a load of pandering about nothing. 1 of them has reached the last 16, maybe two.

I hope our young prospects, Yearwood, Elvis and Ba all start the game. It is important that they play in as many competitive matches as possible rather than being limited to under 23 games. They are all good enough to feature in the first team but will learn nothing by sitting on the bench week by week.

Elvis played for the u23's yesterday so I doubt he will be starting

Dont know what the fuss is about the U21 teams to be honest. All a load of pandering about nothing. 1 of them has reached the last 16, maybe two.

Its all about messing with your mind so you'll be more accepting of the under 21 teams when they take up football league places at the expense of proper clubs.

Yes, back to London Road. And despite all the plaudits that are thrown at Peterborough they are 1 point ahead of us in the league. Posh are still in the F.A. Cup though - scrapping a draw against Woking today ........... so it looks like they will have a cup game midweek for the next 2 weeks along with their weekend games (including at home to Blackburn on Saturday).

Makes for quite an interesting situation for the Posh manager. :smile:

My dad is married to a woman from Peterborough and all her kids are POSH supporters, so we often talk football. Peterborough have been great at signing young non league players and selling on for profit but their fans are almost the reverse of ours. We moan about having a team of older seasoned pro's with no up and coming youngsters being used and they moan that they have a team with no experience that can't hack it when the going gets tough and has no leaders.

Its all about messing with your mind so you'll be more accepting of the under 21 teams when they take up football league places at the expense of proper clubs.
And there was me thinking everyone who follows football knows that is not going to happen...

A settled side is a good thing, but, I notice in a radio interview, PB, will select AF and MT at centre back if possible. He then refers to AF's voice and experience on the pitch and the stature of AF and MT. If he thinks this CB pairing is our best then a) I don't agree and b) Are we going to get the best AF can offer nowadays if he plays three times in eight days? Maybe this, with the league in mind, should have been an opportunity to rest those that need it. Or maybe the league is not a genuine target in terms of the play-off's?

Back