• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gills boss says he's well prepared for the January sales at the end of the month, saying he has already looked at quite a few players we would like to bring in, but they have to fit with what we are looking for., their attitude has to be spot on. " it doesn't matter how old they are, as long as they can do what we want them to. There may be an experienced one out there as well, , we need to strengthen to finish teams off, said Lovell. We have targeted two or three. Also, I have a couple of boys already coming in January to train with us, who have been earmarked with a view to signing. This is what I have to do, I have to go and see them and get them here.
Just wondering if our plans are just as far advanced from hours of scouting? And whether we will be first off the mark, or whether it all hinges on Lenny, although strictly speaking I would hope our planning was a bit better than hanging on this event

If Lenny does go I'd personally be really happy for him. Sheffield United will be a good fit for him and in Chris Wilder he'll be working under an up and coming manager, it wouldn't surprise me to see both in the Premiership in the next couple of seasons.

I'll also keep tabs on how he gets on if he does leave.

Shame for us, but if he wants to go now the club should not stand in his way.

According to the Sheffield Star, Utd are hoping to open negotiations with Ron over the Christmas period. The paper feels that this time we may be willing to sell in view of our current League position. Personally I think it is time to take the money especially if it close to the £700,000 the Sheffield Star are talking about. Lenny would go with my best wishes and hopefully everybody elses as well.

Phil and Ron surely have a plan and have already identified possible replacements ?

Gills boss says he's well prepared for the January sales at the end of the month, saying he has already looked at quite a few players we would like to bring in, but they have to fit with what we are looking for., their attitude has to be spot on. " it doesn't matter how old they are, as long as they can do what we want them to. There may be an experienced one out there as well, , we need to strengthen to finish teams off, said Lovell. We have targeted two or three. Also, I have a couple of boys already coming in January to train with us, who have been earmarked with a view to signing. This is what I have to do, I have to go and see them and get them here.
Just wondering if our plans are just as far advanced from hours of scouting? And whether we will be first off the mark, or whether it all hinges on Lenny, although strictly speaking I would hope our planning was a bit better than hanging on this event

As Gillingham are currently in the relegation zone I'm not overly fussed what their manager is doing, any more than I am about any other FL1 manager.

Seems like we have had a good offer. It would be stupid to turn it down now and lose him for nothing in the summer.

I can't help but feel that if Ron said he was prepared to listen to offers, then more offers would come. I would be dumbfounded if I found that Sheffield United and Millwall were the only clubs interested or even the best clubs he could attract.

According to the Sheffield Star, Utd are hoping to open negotiations with Ron over the Christmas period. The paper feels that this time we may be willing to sell in view of our current League position. Personally I think it is time to take the money especially if it close to the £700,000 the Sheffield Star are talking about. Lenny would go with my best wishes and hopefully everybody elses as well.

Phil and Ron surely have a plan and have already identified possible replacements ?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

A very good sell on fee must be important for us. Maybe 25% if we could get that built in.

Would be nice but unfortunately for us we are in no position to bargain to hard. He is not 23 or under and can walk in May.

Would be nice but unfortunately for us we are in no position to bargain too hard. He is not 23 or under and can walk in May.

A rare moment of accord with rigsby.

Is what Ryan Leonard is going to do for us over the next four months (relative to what a replacement might do) likely to be worth £700,000 ? Unlikely in my opinion.

Having said that, a relegation battle is more likely without him than with him. Hopefully it won't come to that.

A rare moment of accord with rigsby.

Is what Ryan Leonard is going to do for us over the next four months (relative to what a replacement might do) likely to be worth £700,000 ? Unlikely in my opinion.

Having said that, a relegation battle is more likely without him than with him. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Promotion is clearly worth more than that, I expect Ron to hold out till nearer the end of January to properly assess the situation.

Promotion is clearly worth more than that, I expect Ron to hold out till nearer the end of January to properly assess the situation.

That would be a bad move as interested parties would likely sign an alternative by then and then we lose him for nothing a few months later.

If Lenny does go I'd personally be really happy for him. Sheffield United will be a good fit for him and in Chris Wilder he'll be working under an up and coming manager, it wouldn't surprise me to see both in the Premiership in the next couple of seasons.

I'll also keep tabs on how he gets on if he does leave.

Shame for us, but if he wants to go now the club should not stand in his way.

Wilder is 50. Hardly up and coming.

The rest I agree with...

As Gillingham are currently in the relegation zone I'm not overly fussed what their manager is doing, any more than I am about any other FL1 manager.

Indeed. What they're saying is almost certainly true, and would be true of all clubs. The fact that they're saying it publicly implies to me that they're trying to re-assure the fans that they're serious about getting out of their situation. The problem is that it is harder to attract the right players when you're at the wrong end of the table.

Back