• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager at Soham Town Rangers FC in the Eastern Counties Ridgeons Premier League has agreed to play in the James Staines memorial match (see Shrimpers Chit Chat for more details)....altogether now....Who put the ball in the Bury net...Ian Benjamin

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leeblue @ Sep. 22 2006,13:50)]I will never forget that goal(one of the best moments in my life) but maybe bit much to say one of the greats, could reel off plenty more ahead of benji
I believe that if he had any pace he would have been a Premiership player. Incredibly intelligent player - not too far of Teddy Sheringham class.

He'd be in my list of greats - that team went up a gear when he joined us and I think the record books show that. Anyway, nice one Benji for not forgetting your roots!

smile.gif

Absolute legend and for those that didnt know is manager of soham town rangers fc who have just won the Eastern Counties Ridgeons League Premier Division. Congrats to him nice to see an old boy doing well in management, who knows maybe one for the future at the hall/farm?

Ian Benjamin, manager of Zamaretto League Division One Midlands club Soham Town Rangers, hopes to strengthen his squad by signing a couple of promising young players.

He is hopeful of capturing defender Callum Reed (pictured), who had an unsuccessful trial at Cambridge City recently, and striker Dubi Ogbonna, who was released from the Histon youth academy earlier in the summer to add to the club's crop of promising youngsters.

"I've been chasing Dubi all summer," said the Rangers' boss.

"But he's been having trials at other club, so hasn't been available until now. He's a very talented player."

Benjamin hopes Reed, 18, and 17-year-old Ogbonna will sign, but he has not yet finished assembling his squad for the forthcoming campaign.

"I'm looking to sign one or two more, but I'm not going to be rushed into anything."

With Charles Libam, Andy Furnell and Tom Benjamin injured, the Rangers boss is most likely to recruit more attacking players.

"I may try to get someone in on loan, until the others are ready to come back,” added Benjamin. "I'm hopeful of having a reasonably settled squad by the end of next week."

Zamaretto League was the British Gas Business Southern League last season. Now the Zamaretto Southern League obviously!

Ian Benjamin is stepping down as manager of Soham Town Rangers at the end of the season. Benjamin is stepping down from his role at the Zamaretto League Division One Central side after six seasons in charge. His son, Tom also plays up front for the club,

Benjy is looking for pastures new higher up the football league pyramid.

Interview in today's Daily Mail with David Webb. Asked him a number of questions about his career, including :-

"Who was your best signing?"

His response " Ian Benjamin at Southend. I took him from Exeter. He was an older pro and people said, 'he can't run, he can't do this', but he was tremendous. He was probably the most outstanding professional I ever met. I got promoted twice with him."

Last week he resigned from managing Stewart and Lloyd’s in the Chromasport United Counties League Division One(step 6).Their record Played 22,lost 22,goals for 13,against 92.

Last week he resigned from managing Stewart and Lloyd’s in the Chromasport United Counties League Division One(step 6).Their record Played 22,lost 22,goals for 13,against 92.

That's Fort William-esque!

Does he know something we don’t then?

Likely to be a managerial vacancy at Southend very soon isn’t there? :smile:

Back