Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Brown 'bitterly disappointed' with Blues' display in Trophy exit

  
  1. #16
    This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NY Parks Dept
    Posts
    22,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2holes View Post
    I can't wait until we get a forward thinking more dynamic manager in who has the same ethos when signing players.

    Posh were everything we are not. Young, hungry and attack minded.
    And still only one point above us in the league.

    But yes, last night was dross. Here's to righting that wrong on Saturday...

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburyshrimper View Post
    My contact at Northampton says Jack Bridge has been the best player on the training ground since he joined , and is not just pulling up trees but whole forests. They cannot believe we dont want him + are gutted theyve got to wait until January to sign him .


    Just saying .....


    Quote Originally Posted by southendkid View Post
    Reading that I don't think Brown cared if we went out, he seemed to be treating it as a glorified friendly to give fringe players a chance to impress.

    I know that people on here have been talking about how it's a potential money spinner but is it really? The prize money might be £10000 for a win but considering tickets at £20 would earn £10000 in revenue if 500 people went to the match I'm not convinced a game that attracts several thousand people less than a league match actually is that financially beneficial.
    Yet still no Yearwood or Bwomono.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy


    Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.


    Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

  3. #18
    Director
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chalkwell
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    What a difference a few days make. On Saturday we were all very happy with the performance and optimistic. Oh well, now we can concentrate on the league.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    And still only one point above us in the league.

    But yes, last night was dross. Here's to righting that wrong on Saturday...
    We can't right that wrong Saturday.

    We're out of the cup/trophy and we'll still be out of it come Saturday. Obviously we can do better, which by all accounts shouldn't be too difficult.

  5. #20
    This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NY Parks Dept
    Posts
    22,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    We can't right that wrong Saturday.

    We're out of the cup/trophy and we'll still be out of it come Saturday. Obviously we can do better, which by all accounts shouldn't be too difficult.
    I meant the latter - i.e. play less terribly. But as you say, that's not exactly aiming high.

  6. #21

    Default

    So what exactly has is going wrong? I don't rate the manager but get moaned at and told I am wrong. We have the vast majority of our 'quality squad' available and despite being 9th, we look unconvincing, vulnerable and goal shy. Maybe Kiernan would/would have made a difference and probably Coker would but will they really put right the ills of this squad that seem to infect the side from the front to the back? This is not an anti-PB post or fishing. It's a genuine question to see what Zoners really believe is going on/wrong.

  7. #22
    Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Westcliiff riviera
    Posts
    11,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onceknownasrab View Post
    So what exactly has is going wrong? I don't rate the manager but get moaned at and told I am wrong. We have the vast majority of our 'quality squad' available and despite being 9th, we look unconvincing, vulnerable and goal shy. Maybe Kiernan would/would have made a difference and probably Coker would but will they really put right the ills of this squad that seem to infect the side from the front to the back? This is not an anti-PB post or fishing. It's a genuine question to see what Zoners really believe is going on/wrong.
    Do you fancy making this post a new discussion thread? It covers a multitude of issues which are not really to do with PB's interview.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    Do you fancy making this post a new discussion thread? It covers a multitude of issues which are not really to do with PB's interview.
    The relevance, for me, is that the thread is about PB's interview where he seemed to cite the players as the reason for the defeat. I wanted to know if others view the reason as something different.

  9. #24
    Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Westcliiff riviera
    Posts
    11,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onceknownasrab View Post
    The relevance, for me, is that the thread is about PB's interview where he seemed to cite the players as the reason for the defeat. I wanted to know if others view the reason as something different.
    No problem, as we were then.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onceknownasrab View Post
    The relevance, for me, is that the thread is about PB's interview where he seemed to cite the players as the reason for the defeat. I wanted to know if others view the reason as something different.
    Its no mystery, none of the lads I was with saw any 'fringe' players who remotely done anything to be picked for Saturday. Any manager would hope to see something from those given a chance.

    JW did ok, as we have come to expect but Turner will rightly be in on Saturday as will Fortune etc. If Kightly is unfit someone has to come in. Wordsworth just coasted through his hour treating it as a fitness session rather than a competitive match. Still he was probably looking around at McG and Timlin thinking these 2 won't be keeping me out of the team.

    Even when we lost in this competition 4-0 at Stevenage, unlike Bridge, Timlin showed PB more than enough. Timlin was picked for the next game away at Bury. If I remember right he had a hand in about 3 of the goals.

    Last night no one stood out and we missed at least 3 much easier chances than their 2 well taken goals. So I guess PB is upset because he won't have to upset anyone. Relax lads no need for any hard work tree pulling because you know your place is safe.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Its no mystery, none of the lads I was with saw any 'fringe' players who remotely done anything to be picked for Saturday. Any manager would hope to see something from those given a chance.

    JW did ok, as we have come to expect but Turner will rightly be in on Saturday as will Fortune etc. If Kightly is unfit someone has to come in. Wordsworth just coasted through his hour treating it as a fitness session rather than a competitive match. Still he was probably looking around at McG and Timlin thinking these 2 won't be keeping me out of the team.

    Even when we lost in this competition 4-0 at Stevenage, unlike Bridge, Timlin showed PB more than enough. Timlin was picked for the next game away at Bury. If I remember right he had a hand in about 3 of the goals.

    Last night no one stood out and we missed at least 3 much easier chances than their 2 well taken goals. So I guess PB is upset because he won't have to upset anyone. Relax lads no need for any hard work tree pulling because you know your place is safe.
    That is a good precis of the situation but it doesn't quite answer what you think is the problem. People are underperforming and quite regularly. Unlike some, yourself I believe, I don't rate AF. He was good. He is no longer good and on occasion has been flattered by an opposition that has not exploited his weaknesses. But loss of ability comes to all players and is the reason they do not perform well. There are too many others in the squad that are looking poorer than they should. Last night, sadly I could not go, the reports are not too kind to many players. Not restricted to the fringe players. Even PB has spoke of their bad showing. Why is it happening? We struggle, we draw, we lose and then get a victory and everyone thinks the worst is over but then we limp on again.

  12. #27

    Default

    I would imagine PB stating in the press that a good run in the cup would enable him to bring in players during January transfer window didn't help. This must demoralising, Would you do your best for a manager who is looking to replace you?

    We have many good proven players at the club who individually are not performing. The only link between them all is the manager and coach who seem devoid of any ideas to make / help them perform!

  13. #28

    Default

    Are you referring at all to age and Hunger Rab?? Av age of our squad sent out is 29.73 , 4 years on most other squads

  14. #29

    Default

    We do like to lurch about on the Business plan, for example one year we like loanees, the next we decide they are a waste of space and create too many problems. Then we want a smaller squad with quality, although not sure how much attention we gave to the risks attached . Shrewsbury brought in 5 loanees this year and guess what ?? they are doing very well thank you. Also they have the second best defence in the league just conceded 13 goals, quite young incidentally , also picked up from the likes of Gateshead, Hartlepool Mansfield, , Bury and their academy, Dont you just love an expensively waged Premier/Championship player ?Not much of a budget either at Shrewsbury ?!

  15. #30
    Director
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chalkwell
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    Do you fancy making this post a new discussion thread? It covers a multitude of issues which are not really to do with PB's interview.
    He just likes to moan about PB at every opportunity....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors