• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown 'bitterly disappointed' with Blues' display in Trophy exit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what exactly has is going wrong? I don't rate the manager but get moaned at and told I am wrong. We have the vast majority of our 'quality squad' available and despite being 9th, we look unconvincing, vulnerable and goal shy. Maybe Kiernan would/would have made a difference and probably Coker would but will they really put right the ills of this squad that seem to infect the side from the front to the back? This is not an anti-PB post or fishing. It's a genuine question to see what Zoners really believe is going on/wrong.

So what exactly has is going wrong? I don't rate the manager but get moaned at and told I am wrong. We have the vast majority of our 'quality squad' available and despite being 9th, we look unconvincing, vulnerable and goal shy. Maybe Kiernan would/would have made a difference and probably Coker would but will they really put right the ills of this squad that seem to infect the side from the front to the back? This is not an anti-PB post or fishing. It's a genuine question to see what Zoners really believe is going on/wrong.

Do you fancy making this post a new discussion thread? It covers a multitude of issues which are not really to do with PB's interview.

Do you fancy making this post a new discussion thread? It covers a multitude of issues which are not really to do with PB's interview.

The relevance, for me, is that the thread is about PB's interview where he seemed to cite the players as the reason for the defeat. I wanted to know if others view the reason as something different.

The relevance, for me, is that the thread is about PB's interview where he seemed to cite the players as the reason for the defeat. I wanted to know if others view the reason as something different.

Its no mystery, none of the lads I was with saw any 'fringe' players who remotely done anything to be picked for Saturday. Any manager would hope to see something from those given a chance.

JW did ok, as we have come to expect but Turner will rightly be in on Saturday as will Fortune etc. If Kightly is unfit someone has to come in. Wordsworth just coasted through his hour treating it as a fitness session rather than a competitive match. Still he was probably looking around at McG and Timlin thinking these 2 won't be keeping me out of the team.

Even when we lost in this competition 4-0 at Stevenage, unlike Bridge, Timlin showed PB more than enough. Timlin was picked for the next game away at Bury. If I remember right he had a hand in about 3 of the goals.

Last night no one stood out and we missed at least 3 much easier chances than their 2 well taken goals. So I guess PB is upset because he won't have to upset anyone. Relax lads no need for any hard work tree pulling because you know your place is safe.

Its no mystery, none of the lads I was with saw any 'fringe' players who remotely done anything to be picked for Saturday. Any manager would hope to see something from those given a chance.

JW did ok, as we have come to expect but Turner will rightly be in on Saturday as will Fortune etc. If Kightly is unfit someone has to come in. Wordsworth just coasted through his hour treating it as a fitness session rather than a competitive match. Still he was probably looking around at McG and Timlin thinking these 2 won't be keeping me out of the team.

Even when we lost in this competition 4-0 at Stevenage, unlike Bridge, Timlin showed PB more than enough. Timlin was picked for the next game away at Bury. If I remember right he had a hand in about 3 of the goals.

Last night no one stood out and we missed at least 3 much easier chances than their 2 well taken goals. So I guess PB is upset because he won't have to upset anyone. Relax lads no need for any hard work tree pulling because you know your place is safe.

That is a good precis of the situation but it doesn't quite answer what you think is the problem. People are underperforming and quite regularly. Unlike some, yourself I believe, I don't rate AF. He was good. He is no longer good and on occasion has been flattered by an opposition that has not exploited his weaknesses. But loss of ability comes to all players and is the reason they do not perform well. There are too many others in the squad that are looking poorer than they should. Last night, sadly I could not go, the reports are not too kind to many players. Not restricted to the fringe players. Even PB has spoke of their bad showing. Why is it happening? We struggle, we draw, we lose and then get a victory and everyone thinks the worst is over but then we limp on again.

I would imagine PB stating in the press that a good run in the cup would enable him to bring in players during January transfer window didn't help. This must demoralising, Would you do your best for a manager who is looking to replace you?

We have many good proven players at the club who individually are not performing. The only link between them all is the manager and coach who seem devoid of any ideas to make / help them perform!

Are you referring at all to age and Hunger Rab??:smile: Av age of our squad sent out is 29.73 , 4 years on most other squads:unsure:

We do like to lurch about on the Business plan, for example one year we like loanees, the next we decide they are a waste of space and create too many problems. Then we want a smaller squad with quality, although not sure how much attention we gave to the risks attached . Shrewsbury brought in 5 loanees this year and guess what ?? they are doing very well thank you. Also they have the second best defence in the league just conceded 13 goals, quite young incidentally , also picked up from the likes of Gateshead, Hartlepool Mansfield, , Bury and their academy, Dont you just love an expensively waged Premier/Championship player ?Not much of a budget either at Shrewsbury ?!

He just likes to moan about PB at every opportunity....

Sadly, He's not alone on this forum :sad:

Can't we have a bit of a positive discussion please?.. even if you think our club is in a dark place. Please keep it on topic, from the Thread title.

Despite our club being 9th in League One...... Any more of this, and i'm off to the Leyton Orient fans forum to cheer myself up!!

Sadly, He's not alone on this forum :sad:

Tell me about it, it's depressing at times. We're not a premiershite club (with money to burn) who should be winning every game. FFS we're a league 1 team and 9th, live with it.....

What gets my goat up is the majority of fans on here couldn't give a toss about the so called "Tin Pot Trophy" & urge everyone to boycott every game, yet when we get knocked out. Their up in arms, and want blood.

Same could be said about the Essex Senior Cup.

Yet, losing in the FA Cup or the League Cup, seems ok and a given... How does that work?

What gets my goat up is the majority of fans couldn't give a toss about the so called "Tin Pot Trophy" & urge everyone to boycott every game, yet when we get knocked out. Their up in arms, and want blood.

Same could be said about the Essex Senior Trophy.

Yet, losing in the FA Cup or the League Cup, seems ok and a given... How does that work?

I've noticed that too. The Billericay thread was a joke, but it helped people to moan I guess. I personally couldn't care less that we're out of the tin pot cup, our priority is now the league.

Sadly this site isn't about football anymore, it's become a personal vendetta against PB.

He just likes to moan about PB at every opportunity....

Stop being oversensitive. It was not a PB moan but a genuine question to see what the fans thought was the real problem. Like it or not, there is something amiss. Just what that is, will be open to conjecture, and different depending on who answers.

If Mr Brown does his job properly pre-match....

If the team selected does it's job on the pitch properly ......

We will crack it.

Positive or not ?

Stop being oversensitive. It was not a PB moan but a genuine question to see what the fans thought was the real problem. Like it or not, there is something amiss. Just what that is, will be open to conjecture, and different depending on who answers.

So 9th in Lg1 is a problem???????????????

So 9th in Lg1 is a problem???????????????

We have a squad with enough experience to be in the top 3 and that isn't something that can really be argued against. Trouble is, Brown, for one reason or another isn't getting the best from this squad. If you are happy with 9th then that's good but I feel with a different manager, and before you say who, that's not my decision, we could easily be top 3. A manager that motivates, that plays a style that suits the squad we have. A manager that doesn't call the players out publicly, that takes responsibility. Of course the other issue you know about but still haven't replied too as well. That can't help matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back