Likes Likes:  4
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ed Stein

  
  1. #1

    Default Ed Stein

    I received a Whatsapp message from my neice yesterday. This is it (verbatim - she's a teenager)

    Hey today as a cover teacher for one of my lessons I had an ex Southend United player called ed stein lol
    She went on to say:

    Thought I would tell you cos you like Southend United hah
    As an aside, you wouldn't believe she's just been predicted all A's and A*'s for her GCSEs...

  2. #2

    Default

    She should clearly fail History.

    Ed Stein was never a Southend player. He was assistant manager. David Howell was the member of the backroom staff from that era who a player-coach.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy


    Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.


    Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Blue View Post
    She should clearly fail History.

    Ed Stein was never a Southend player. He was assistant manager. David Howell was the member of the backroom staff from that era who a player-coach.
    Both of them joined the Fat Judas to go to Birmingham .

  4. #4
    Director
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chalkwell
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    I use to think Ed Stein was the brains behind our success.....

  5. #5
    Pedant Firestorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Immersed in the accounts
    Posts
    13,783

    Default

    This weeks football league paper has a where are they now for the Birmingham squad of 94-95
    Includes ex shrimpers . Steve Mcgavin, Lil Fucillo, Dave Regis, Roger Willis, David Howell, Juan Miguel da Souza, Fat Baz, and Ed Stein

  6. #6
    Director
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chalkwell
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    This weeks football league paper has a where are they now for the Birmingham squad of 94-95
    Includes ex shrimpers . Steve Mcgavin, Lil Fucillo, Dave Regis, Roger Willis, David Howell, Juan Miguel da Souza, Fat Baz, and Ed Stein
    I never understood why Stein and Howell never went into management.

  7. #7
    Director
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chalkwell
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosborne View Post
    Both of them joined the Fat Judas to go to Birmingham .
    Good to see you're still not holding a grudge Si

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leoblue View Post
    Good to see you're still not holding a grudge Si
    Probably no use to Fatty anymore .

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leoblue View Post
    I never understood why Stein and Howell never went into management.
    Howell did at non league level. Harrow and St Albans.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosborne View Post
    Both of them joined the Fat Judas to go to Birmingham .
    IIRC, Baz claimed Stein urged him to go to Brum for more cash.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors