• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 3-0 Southend United

'Tis the curse of Nile Ranger. Mark my words yet again, no good will come.

Phil. You brought in a dreadful person like that and now karma's working its ways.

First job for the new manager? Sack Vile Nile to the cry of . . . . "And that's for the old dear you scammed". Film it, YouTube it, and you're an instant global hero!!

Read that Bristol Rovers had kept just one clean sheet in their 12 home games this season.

We didn't even manage to get a shot on target. Shameful.

It was a hopeless performance, littered with individual mistakes, bad decisions and a complete lack of confidence or belief in anything we tried to do. The Game lacked any real quality, neither team played any flowing football....it was a battle, the team that worked harder and wanted it more duly got the result they deserved.

Only 2 players really offered anything for me today:
Oxley was clear MOTM a some excellent saves to keep to score down otherwise 5,6 or 7 probably wouldn't have been out of the question.

Fortune worked hard, held the ball up well and won plenty of free kicks, when he was taken off any slim resemblance of a game plan seemed to disappear.

Cannot see for the life of me what Josh Wright brings to the party playing right midfield, only plays square and backwards, doesnt really get stuck in, doesnt win a header, no pace.....looks neat and tidy but never offered anything going forward, no threat throughout.... and criminally should have at least hit the target when presented with our best chance with the score at 1-0.

Play-offs are nothing but a pipe dream.

That was among the worst performances I've ever seen. I live in Cardiff so this is my big match of the season. I dragged 15 mates along, none of whom are Southend fans. I can't see them coming back. There was so much anonymity it really doesn't seem worth rating the players. No doubt that Oxley was MoM - the third was his fault, but it could have been worse. Lots on here have been wondering why Brown won't start Hendrie. Now we know! He was awful - he continually lost the ball. With the exception of a single cross he did nothing positive and all sorts negative.

The fans were poor too. Only a a couple of chants the whole match. I know it needs some impetus from the team, but the fans didn't really play their part.

Bit cold for the lads yesterday I fancy, which is why Oxley was our best player as he needed to jump around to stay warm. I’d agree with the earlier post that said only he and Fortune came out of the game having probably earned their wages this week. I didn’t understand the substitutions any more than the next man - for me the clear issue was the lack of any sort of quality in midfield and I’m surprised Timlin didn’t come on - he at least would have pressured them a bit. I suspect it will be more of the same next week - not really shuffling the players, but shuffling where they play. If I was Dru Yearwood, a midfielder, I’d look at that and wonder how the hell I’m not getting a chance - I may be raw but I can’t offer less than who’s playing currently.
I wonder if we can get a couple out and a couple in during January? I sense we have some decent players but nothing is gelling for some reason. Wordsworth finding a bit of form would help.

From Chris on twitter

Quotes from Brown

"We didn’t show up in the second half. As far as I’m concerned that’s a sackable offence. If it wasn’t for my goalkeeper it would have been six or seven. It was totally unacceptable."

"I made the worst decision of my managerial career leaving Michael Timlin out. There was no spirit in the team, no desire or commitment and that it was typifies Michael Timlin. Without that determination you have no chance of getting anything here."

"I feel for our fans who have travelled and I wish I was able to pay them their money back."

"The players had nothing to offer at the end. I'll do very well to get one of them to come out and speak to you."

"It can't get any worse. The away form is dire. This reminds me of Rochdale last season but there isn't the same kind of spirit in the camp this year."

"It's going to be a difficult month until the transfer window, if I do get to the transfer window. The way the players performed today it didn't look like they were playing for. You can smell these things."

"If you look at my history everyone of my teams plays committed football but today there was no commitment. I hope I'm still here talking in seven days."

"It was the worst performance since I've been here, definitely the worst second half."

Wow. Sounds like Brown wouldn't be all that surprised to see him get the boot.
As i readthis ,it sounds to me that PB is clearly telling what he believes to be true,and that some of the players need to take a good look at themselves,if we as workers didnt perform our duties at work to a reasonable standard ,im sure we would also get the sack.If the players think that just going through th motions is good enough Get rid of them and bring in some players even from lower leagues or our promising youths who will perform with spirit and love the shirt their wearing.Some voice in my ead tells me all PB did here was speak the truth as he sees it,if so good on him and some players should feel ashamed of themselves .

Damning from a Brizzle rag ;

"....while the recalled Rory Gaffney and his strike partner Ellis Harrison made Anton Ferdinand look like a fool with their almost telepathic link up play."

Yup not much has changed .... it’s just got worse. Brown had to go, he had lost all his heart for it and was spouting cr@p, what happened after is what should’ve been different

I think there's a lot of posts missing. After a match like that, I'd expect more than 27 posts. Probably with the migration to the new forum last year, some got lost in transit.

Back