• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll pray it's someone with plenty of material to work with.

PB is perfect, along with Horts and Ron.

He'll need to reach those heady heights of lunacy, whoever he is!

On present form, I think its going to be a fat 0:sad:
I think he needs 7 points from the next 4 games. That will take us up to New Years day and the start of the Transfer Window. Anything less than 7 and I can't see Ron gambling on PB getting the right players in or out in Jan, and therefore he'll want to give any new manager as much time as possible to re-shape the squad.

Losing the self grandiosity and picking the right side might be a start!

Well it will be interesting to see how he deals with Lenny's absence on Saturday. Whatever happens we will be under the cosh for long periods. Might be worth bringing Harry back in and playing 3 centre backs with Demetriou and Coker playing as wing backs.

The Cowley brothers are great and local but hate Southend. Solution: we find the next Cowley brothers.

Southend need a sibling management team with a great track record, but also, more importantly, who love Southend and really hate the Cowley brothers. We need our own brothers to take charge, a combo who are ready and equipped to wipe the smug smile off the face of the Cowleys and make them rue the day they once idly slagged off Southend in some nondescript Hornchurch boozer back in 2004. We need to make Southend the home of the very best sibling management duo in European soccer. What could wind the Cowley's up more than not being the best brothers in their own back yard?

It is not rocket science.

NZamba and some others on the board seem pretty convinced that the Cowley brothers hate Southend. But is that really true? I seem to recall Phil Brown said some pretty unflattering things about Steve Tilson's Southend side when Hull City beat them 4-0 at their place many years ago, but that did not subsequently stop him from taking the manager's job at Roots Hall. Besides, managers are not expected to say nice things about teams they do not manage, and if they do many supporters (of the club they manage) accuse them of disloyality and angling for another job. There is not a lot of room for sentiment in professional soccer, and I do not think we should assume the Cowley brothers would not be interested in a job just because they may or may not of said a few negative things in the past about a club they were not involved with.

Last edited:
Back