• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters
Definitely not. Ron has little interest in fans opinions.

RM won't listen to polls on the zone, but he will listen to less money coming into the club coupled with a more expensive squad.

Last season's average 7400. This season's average 6400.

Even a very low estimate of £10 per ticket. That's 230k down this season just on ticket sales. Add in merchandise and refreshments etc and it's probably closer to 300k + in losses.

That is what RM takes notice of.

Indeed.

Alan Little's sacking came as a surprise to many - I think we were 7th in the table at the time - but Ron noticed attendances down.

We had just 2403 v Kidderminster, which is when I think he determined to pull the trigger.

Now, that attendance was mainly down to the fuel crisis, but it certainly got Ron's attention.

Fortunately for Ron and PB's January transfer budget we usually get a big bump in attendances over Christmas. Charlton should bring a decent away following and should have the attendance pushing 10,000.

Fortunately for Ron and PB's January transfer budget we usually get a big bump in attendances over Christmas. Charlton should bring a decent away following and should have the attendance pushing 10,000.

I would imagine Portsmouth would also bring a good away support as well in February.

Didn't Brown ask to be judged once he had 'his' team in place?

Well it is now well and truly in place and those that voted have judged.

Those that don't buy tickets have also judged.

But the only judge who matters is RM.

I think he said more along the lines of being judged when his team were all fully fit, which I know is difficult, as he has brought in players who are unlikely to ever play more than 35 games a season, maybe 40 at a push.

My feeling is that with our full strength side, fully fit, we would be up where Portsmouth are right now as a very minimum.

That said, this is a rocky time in the season, just when the fixtures are getting tougher.

The next four matches, as many have said, could be make or break for PB, let alone the team.

I am amused that Arsenal fans, or a vocal number (minority?) of them want Wenger sacked and replaced with an unknown person; AND it is a not too dissimilar situation here with PB. Our club is fairly stable and has been for a few seasons, with some progress slowly happening.
People; be careful what you wish for as fairy tales don't always come true.

Indeed.

Alan Little's sacking came as a surprise to many - I think we were 7th in the table at the time - but Ron noticed attendances down.

We had just 2403 v Kidderminster, which is when I think he determined to pull the trigger.

Now, that attendance was mainly down to the fuel crisis, but it certainly got Ron's attention.

True, and half season cards usually bump attendances up by 500+ for the latter part of the season.

It would be nice to have some more southern based clubs in this division.

Although its only at a half way stage, looking at the current tables, in theory, its possible it could get worse (in terms of a northern perspective) an end up, Burton, Sunderland and Bolton dropping down from the Championship, & losing Charlton Oxford and Portsmouth, from this division, if they went up.

True, and half season cards usually bump attendances up by 500+ for the latter part of the season.

It would be nice to have some more southern based clubs in this division.

I'm (just) prepared to accept that we might sell 500+ half season tickets, but not to people who haven't been coming anyway.

Be interested if we lose today what poll will be ��

Iam brown out !

Be interested if we lose today what poll will be ��

Iam brown out !

The poll will be divisive. even if 100% of the voters wanted Brown out, it will only happen if Ron does. Better off letting it go and looking forward to the next game.

I don't think anyone is expecting a win today so unless we lose 6-0 I can't see why anything would change.

I'm quite hopeful. Compared to the away performances, we've been fairly good at home. From what I've heard you will see a reaction today from the players that will show they are playing for the manager. It really is time for our strikers to deliver tho.

Whatever happens it should be a very entertaining game. Looking forward to it.

Playing one up front at home certainly won't win Brown many more votes..... And don't tell me Wordsworth was up front too.

I would of said a draw was about fair as first half they were all over us. Second half better, but for all our possession we do not not look threatening anywhere near goal. Apparently Ranger is claiming the goal lol, defo looked like McLaughlins. Wordsworth was a passenger again. As soon as he went off wright moved into the centre and was better and played the ball down the wing for mcglashlan to cross for goal. The difference having some pace in the time is obvious and the sooner we get another couple of forwards who can score the better we will be

Playing one up front at home certainly won't win Brown many more votes..... And don't tell me Wordsworth was up front too.

It nearly paid off. Maybe it was thought we could not compete by throwing more up top and wanted to thwart a good opposition by controlling the midfield. We tried hard, had chances and came up a little short. On paper, with form in mind, we probably did a lot better than expectation.

It nearly paid off. Maybe it was thought we could not compete by throwing more up top and wanted to thwart a good opposition by controlling the midfield. We tried hard, had chances and came up a little short. On paper, with form in mind, we probably did a lot better than expectation.

I don't think it nearly paid off, we looked a better side after Fortune came on and we had two up top in my opinion.

I would have rather seen, fortune start over ranger, just because he holds the ball up better, and although Wordsworth didn't play as well as he could of today I think he is still one of our best midfielders and may be we should try mcgalshian up front his pace could be the difference. Personally the best player out there today was Cokes, although i dont think he was allowed to go forward nearly as much as he should of been in the first half but that could be down to fitness, still nice to have him back at last

Back