• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters
As the mid season transfer window approaches Mr Martin has some very important decisions to make.
1. Sell Lenny and get some cash in? this acknowledges that our very slim (slimmer after today's loss and the red card) are almost gone.
2. If he wants to change some of the squad does he have Mr. Brown transact the business? as to do so with a contract running down would seem ill advised: so what to do with that scenario.
3. If PB is to be offered an extension then it ought to be earlier or not at all? as uncertainty tends to undermine PB's power in the dressing room and squad dealings; slightly different than the Mr Sturrock situation IMO.

Personally (I don't have a cousin's hairdresser as a secret source) I don't have a clue what decisions Mr Martin will make BUT the time for making them is fast approaching. In short either re-sign PB or put him on gardening leave.

Sounds to me he is a asking Ron to sack him

I wouldn't have thought so. Why would he? If I was Phil, I would want to bow and scrape to Ron to keep my contract until the end of the season. (Then accept a non renewal). That way I don't have a sacking on my CV. He definately sounds like he is under pressure though. And rightly so.

He has had enough time to turn things around now. We have been dog since November and even before then to be honest. This is the right time to get rid and give the new man some time and a bit of cash to stop the rot. Failure to do so and I think it will be 1 step forward and 2 back and result in us falling through the trap door. What with Ronnies grand stadium plans, relegation to the bottom tier is not an option. Thanks Phil, but time for you to go.

I have always felt that Mr. Brown has been a lucky manager, just reflect how close we came to NOT being promoted at Wembley. He has been given a reasonable war chest to spend on players over the last four years and I feel he has consistently blown it all away. We have had some right cherries as Managers in the past and no way is Mr Brown one of the worse. Similarily, he not one of the best either.... just lucky, and that has just run out. We all need to move on and sometimes you realise that things just come to an end.

I like Ron sticking by our managers, 3 managers in the last 15 years says something. As I work in management I know that after 4 or 5 years if can be very difficult to reenergise the same team, you either have to change the team or face facts that you need to do something different.

Wpuld definitlly be on a performance plan and last chance saloon if he worked for me!!! I would say 50/50 Ron will sack him tommorrow

Surely it’s becoming almost impossible to find a reasoned argument for Brown to stay

I like Ron sticking by our managers, 3 managers in the last 15 years says something. As I work in management I know that after 4 or 5 years if can be very difficult to reenergise the same team, you either have to change the team or face facts that you need to do something different.

Wpuld definitlly be on a performance plan and last chance saloon if he worked for me!!! I would say 50/50 Ron will sack him tommorrow
I presume you work in football management,with your knowledge in management
So you would have sacked Alex Ferguson when the knives were out for him before Norwich game ?

UTS

I just think everything is very stale at the club. We would benefit from a different manager with fresh ideas. Brown would benefit going to a new club with a new challenge.

We can't get any consistency with generally older players who keep picking up injuries. He got us into Div 1 - thankyou. Time to go and we need a younger manager and younger players.

I presume you work in football management,with your knowledge in management
So you would have sacked Alex Ferguson when the knives were out for him before Norwich game ?

UTS
How many Fergusons are there? Can count them on one hand over the last 30 years....

There are unfortunately a number of our so called fans who have wanted Brown out since the day he arrived. I personaly would like to see him stay at least until his contract ends. Think his pay off would be about 150k which in my opinion would be better spent on boosting the squad in January.
Brown will go down as being one of our better Managers (top 5) based on his achievements so think it is disrespectful for him to be vilified by a minority on here after the first mediocre six months he has had with us.
Think we are about where we should be in the division there are some on here that are delusional in their beliefs that we should be challenging for Automatic promotion year on year. Our budget, support, revenue and investment is smaller than most in the division.

The real question now is do we need to spend money in January? We could bring in '3 or 4' players but I doubt that would galvanise the side sufficiently to push for the increasingly distant play-off's. Do we need to spend to stave off relegation?
If there is any spending to do, is it wise, to give that money to PB or is it better to replace him and let the new manager have a kitty? The big decisions have to be made now. Three or four weeks time is way too late.
What I want to see is a reaction from the Chairman and the manager. Either have a clear out of players or the manager or both. Doing nothing at this point in time would be the wrong way to effect the necessary changes.

No need to sack him,just remove him from his position, put him on gardening leave and continue to pay his wages until his contract expires.

It is now overdue that someone else is put in charge of the first team before it is too late imho.

Back