• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it's a given that Timlin will cone back into the side.

Crowds seem down this year on the 7400 average of last year.

Can't see there being many over 7k this Saturday.

Obviously the charlton game should be 10k+ though.

Timlin was gash against Peterborough in the cup but Brown willl have to play him because of his statement. Whether it’s at LB or CM is the question

Change it up Phil or you will be out the door on Sunday, or maybe he's had enough and that is secretly what he wants and a pay off.

if he goes with an unchanged team I fear the end is nigh!!!!

Looking forward to this one more than most.

What with all the chatter this week and a good side with decent support coming down.

Be interesting to see the make up of the side, but I reckon there'll be a huge positive reaction on Saturday.

Wouldn't be surprised if we win. Often happens after a poor defeat.

Bring it on! :happy:

They arrive with the record of won 7 drawn 2 and lost 1 GF19 GA 11 - the best away record in the division having won already at Wigan and Shrewsbury. The only loss being at bottom club Bury. However they have lost 5 home games. I presume they must soak it up and counter attack then. Their centre halves have already scored 5 between them. Wyke and Poleon should be up front. They also have Paul Taylor who caused us lots of problems running at us last season when he was at Peterborough.

The weather forecast is for max of 37 F so its going to be very chilly -lets hope there's no frozen pitch.

I think he will risk Coker and McLaughlin will be replaced by Timlin because of his injury. Otherwise unchanged. I fear we will struggle.

The key will be to cut out their supply line - crosses in the box and set-pieces.

Best not to give cheap free-kicks away.

We did this well last season and opened them up by moving the ball around quickly.

Hopefully the same tomorrow.

They are likely to have only 3 who played in last years game, Law, Vincelot and Knight-Percival plus maybe their keeper.
Coker got injured after 35 minutes and missed the next ten. It's when Timlin started his run at left back!

They've rebuilt better than us and we are probably only 70% of what we were then.

We nearly always give away too many silly free kicks.

Anyone know if the school will be open for parking tomorrow?

Hope they've got the heat blowers on the pitch in the morning as its down to freezing at 9.00am in the morning tomorow:thumbsup:

Hope they've got the heat blowers on the pitch in the morning as its down to freezing at 9.00am in the morning tomorow:thumbsup:

I'm sure Ron will have some poor bugger down there all night with a flask of soup and a cold burger (no onions):winking:

Hello Shrimpers,

We have been superb away from home this season albeit we do seem to have had some luck away from home which has been the opposite to at home where we have been very unfortunate in a number of games.
Remarkably we have scored the first goal in every away game this season and the last time we failed to score away from home was the 3-0 match against you guys last Easter i think.
I know McCall felt we were a bit unfortunate that day so should have us well motivated for a better result.

We won't attempt to play on the counter but it does seem to suit us more when playing away and teams come at us a bit more. We fully deserved the win at Wigan the other week and the win at Shrewsbury was more a battle to get the result which was encouraging.
Wyke has been in very good form of late and i'd be surprised if he didn't cause lots of problems the other couple playing well are Taylor & Gilliead who can both go past people and have a bit of pace about them.

Thompson can't get a game as Knight Percival & Kilgallon are playing so well and Kilgallon would win the POTY if the season stopped today.

It should be a good game as we won't sit back and the result is not easy to predict.
Our good away form has to come to an end soon and i'm not sure why but i have a feeling it maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy the game!

The post above is exactly the sort of stuff we hope to get from away fans. Friendly, informative, well written. Thanks, Neil.

Hello Shrimpers,

We have been superb away from home this season albeit we do seem to have had some luck away from home which has been the opposite to at home where we have been very unfortunate in a number of games.
Remarkably we have scored the first goal in every away game this season and the last time we failed to score away from home was the 3-0 match against you guys last Easter i think.
I know McCall felt we were a bit unfortunate that day so should have us well motivated for a better result.

We won't attempt to play on the counter but it does seem to suit us more when playing away and teams come at us a bit more. We fully deserved the win at Wigan the other week and the win at Shrewsbury was more a battle to get the result which was encouraging.
Wyke has been in very good form of late and i'd be surprised if he didn't cause lots of problems the other couple playing well are Taylor & Gilliead who can both go past people and have a bit of pace about them.

Thompson can't get a game as Knight Percival & Kilgallon are playing so well and Kilgallon would win the POTY if the season stopped today.

It should be a good game as we won't sit back and the result is not easy to predict.
Our good away form has to come to an end soon and i'm not sure why but i have a feeling it maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy the game!

Nice one.

Btw, the 3-0 at our place was last November, rather than Easter. You're thinking of the end of season game the year before, possibly?

We're looking forward to the game, here. It was a belter last season.

Ps, Don't tell McCall, but the better side won that day! :winking:

From the Bradford fans forum,
their opinions on Southend,

Horrible place, crap beer, cold, smelly and expensive.

As you are aware we don't like flat beer and in Sarfend even the Guinness is flat. ***** ground, no fans, dark town centre.

I went 'wiv me bird' to Clacton - and we found it was closed ............. So drove to Southend ..............................
Oh dear .......................................... more closed than Clacton !!

They must be having a laugh surely. They live in Bradford.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/613815/Bradford-worst-city-in-the-UK-Edinburgh

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Bradford/West-Yorkshire/Northern-England/info/worstthings

We must now beat this lot. Brown get your finger out and get a result.

Looking forward to this one more than most.

What with all the chatter this week and a good side with decent support coming down.

Be interesting to see the make up of the side, but I reckon there'll be a huge positive reaction on Saturday.

Wouldn't be surprised if we win. Often happens after a poor defeat.

Bring it on! :happy:

Would like to share your optimism concerning a reaction to last week's awful performance but unfortunately Bradford is not the team to meet at the moment, given their recent away form. Their last three away games, for those who haven' t checked, were against Portsmouth, Wigan and Shrewsbury...........................................they won them all!:sad:

Something has to give today. Our home record or there away one.

Cue a 0-0 draw!

The frost in the shade seems as bad as when that Bolton game was called off......:unsure:

Bring on Bradford! Come on you Bluuuuuuesss!!! I think it has the making of a good game. A win for us is up there with other likely outcomes such as world peace, Labour adopting a credible fiscal policy, Jeremy Corbyn dumping Diane Abbott, or Donald Trump getting a warm reception in the UK. Still, as ever, we hold on to hope. There is always the magic of Christmas but it looks as though we will win the race against a turkey to see who will get stuffed first. I could go on to mention pulling a cracker or a seasonal roasting but footballers today seem to attribute a different connotation to mine.

I have written to Santa and asked for a few 'quality' players to be rested/dumped in favour of youth. We may as well blood the boys that may bring us better success next season. Merry Christmas everybody.

Back