• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming the loanees are good enough to keep us up that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, it looks like Phil is here to stay but I can't see him signing a new deal with us, less players on the books should mean the next manager can get more players that fits his system.

Agreed - loanees are fine, as long as they are good enough. We are not in a position to be picky. We need to do whatever is necessary to patch the team up and make it competitive. I am all for 3 or 4 loans if they are Assombalongas and Pigotts (relatively speaking) rather than Kings and Amos'

Doubt it is Madden in consideration that Fleetwood only signed him last week.

Devante Cole would be an interesting signing, as I rate him, but probably unlikely.

More likely to be Conor McAleny or Booby Grant - Cole would be way out of our price range.

Wes Burns was having quite a chat with Simon Cox ahead of the start to the second half and was substituted ten minutes in. With new signings I expect he is creeping down the pecking order and wouldn't be surprised if he was open to a move. Hasn't pulled up trees at Fleetwood but was reasonably well regarded prior to this and has shown he knows where the back of the net in spells (was a Wales U21)

Fancy biddding on a player based up north ,who would wanna come down here I do wonder with brown sometimes

According to CP on Twitter we had a 150k offer accepted by Sheff Utd for Ben Whiteman, only for him to reject the move and go to Doncaster

It says something when a player would rather live in Doncaster than sunny Southend.

According to CP on Twitter we had a 150k offer accepted by Sheff Utd for Ben Whiteman, only for him to reject the move and go to Doncaster

It says something when a player would rather live in Doncaster than sunny Southend.

scares the hell out of me that we feel we need to pay 150k for a player in this market.

We had an offer of 150K accepted by Sheff Utd, so that's not true.

Is it really though, of course there would be no chance we'd make a bid for a player that we know will be accepted by the club but for someone who we know has no intention of coming here. Looks like we're prepared to pay money when in reality it was never going to come off.

I sound like Rigsby with my conspiricy theories :happy:

Is it really though, of course there would be no chance we'd make a bid for a player that we know will be accepted by the club but for someone who we know has no intention of coming here. Looks like we're prepared to pay money when in reality it was never going to come off.

I sound like Rigsby with my conspiricy theories :happy:

I was just thinking 'Oh Dear' until I read the last sentence. Lol.
They did put in the bid in the genuine hope he signs for us, as don't forget he really impressed when scoring a hat-trick from midfield against us whilst playing for Doncaster. I think you will see in the next two weeks that we are willing to spend. I can't say no more, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I was just thinking 'Oh Dear' until I read the last sentence. Lol.
They did put in the bid in the genuine hope he signs for us, as don't forget he really impressed when scoring a hat-trick from midfield against us whilst playing for Doncaster. I think you will see in the next two weeks that we are willing to spend. I can't say no more, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
The January transfer window in most instances is far more difficult to r3c4uit players than the Summer one for obvious reasons and in many instances you pay a premium on top of any fee.
just because we are now prepared 5o pay fees and rightly so after selling Leinard and our very precarious position in the league but it still doesn’t mean that we will recruit successfully.
Often than not a team that pays out little in transfer fee’s is more a cohesive unit than another in a similar position. Paying transfer fee’s often then leads 5o having to pay higher wages which is certainly alien to us. The player has little interest in the fee paid for him but negotiating wages he certainly is @nd there could be major problems in that department for us.
Very poor recruitment has lead to our problems and to be honest with PB still hanging on I hav3 limited faith in him to be able to set up a side even with new signings.
Time will tell....

Back