• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We have to be thankful we didn't sign Chatzittheodoridas from Brentford.? Now would he become chat, Theo.,ZIT. Or Doris for short? Fancy being a commentator?:nope:

Three weeks into transfer window still no signings Soo fed UP.Ron talks about how much he wants to get the club back into the championship but does not back it up with improving the team when the window is open.We are crying out for a midfielder and striker without new signings I fear for our league one status..

I think they changed it and you can only do loan moves if emergency outside the window.

it seems relatively simple to get around the "emergency loan" rules, there seem to be a fair few each season and not just restricted to Goalies.....I imagine we'll have carte blanche to sign as many loanees as we want....The Football League have only got to read a few threads on here to realise it's an emergency!

Other than goalkeepers, I believe clubs can sign any senior player without a contract with another club or an academy player that has been let go (so technically un-employed and most likely useless). Or an extremely unlikely long shot, any players from a club that has gone bust & ceased to trade.

I think any idea of signing anyone next week to get us into the Championship is a bit optimistic.

We just need to patch up and survive and let the new guy assess what we need for next season, once we sort the pitch out and offload who we don't need.

Other than goalkeepers, I believe clubs can sign any senior player without a contract with another club or an academy player that has been let go (so technically un-employed and most likely useless). Or an extremely unlikely long shot, any players from a club that has gone bust & ceased to trade.

I didn't know the one about clubs going bust.

My understanding was that you can sign free agents outside the window so long as they were unattached when the window closed. For that reason you may see a handful of players released (across the league and not necessarily at Southend) just before the window closes.

Presuming Chris joins us early next week he still has time to bring his own choices in. We don't want the chairman or someone else signing players then expecting the manager to coach them. That's exactly why Chris Powell left his job at Charlton. We all have to be patient!

It may also be that whilst they sort out the new manager they may have also asked them who they would like to bring in to the club and be looking at the players they want.

It may also be that whilst they sort out the new manager they may have also asked them who they would like to bring in to the club and be looking at the players they want.

Would be shocked if this wasn't the case to be honest. I have no doubt that the new man has already given Ron some names. Probably loans at the moment as he will need to assess the squad and its weaknesses for himself, but I am sure they are all aware of the alacrity of the situation.

Fortunately the transfer window is very fluid. It's not first come, first served. The vast majority of action happens in the last week and there will be players becoming available that wouldn't have been before as clubs try and move players on to balance out new signings, etc. There's plenty of time left.

LOL.

Blueveined,... A reminder, We don't live in the PB era anymore.

Mind you, for a centre back approaching 30 years old with just 6 goals in nearly 200 appearances over a 12 year career, seems a likely signing for us to get out of the relegation battle. :smile:

Ok the new man is in. We've done the fluffy legend stuff. We need a few new faces in. And I'm talking first team players.
Combative midfielder
A physically fit Centre back would be nice
A forward too.
Thanks in advance

Ok the new man is in. We've done the fluffy legend stuff. We need a few new faces in. And I'm talking first team players.
Combative midfielder
A forward too.
Thanks in advance

I really want him (and the team) to succeed, but will he be able to undo any PB left-over crap with the remaining games given that the transfer window is nearly gone ?

Combative midfielder
A forward too.
Thanks in advance
The fit bit is right. Iwould rather have someone i have never heared of but has a history good fitness, rather than a name who has had half a dozen games in the last year.

Back