• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Any idea what his situation is?

What was originally a small knock to his shoulder turned into a few weeks and now several months and I can't recall seeing any updates recently. Not been on the bench in 3 months this weekend.

His contract is up at the end of the season.

He returned to fitness about a month ago and then injured his shoulder again a week later.

I was thinking just the same thing last night.

Last I heard was that he featured in an under 23 game against Notts County at the beginning of November. He played the full 90 minutes, so must be fully match fit, for over a month now. I thought it was odd to drop Bishop from the U23 squad, and put Ted in there instead, then promote Bishop to the substitute goalkeeper role within the 1st team.

Last I heard was that he featured in an under 23 game against Notts County at the beginning of November. He played the full 90 minutes, so must be fully match fit, for over a month now. I thought it was odd to drop Bishop from the U23 squad, and put Ted in there instead, then promote Bishop to the substitute goalkeeper role within the 1st team.

He actually injured the same shoulder (different injury)in that comeback game, hence he has not featured recently.

Have seen him recently in the gym so he is definatley alive and kicking

Surely he played for the u23,s to get match fit and the then got hurt? Bishop hadn’t been choosen when ted has been fit ( if we m wrong you raise a very interesting question)

Ive checked both the os website and twitter, as well as CP's twitter.

This is the latest article I can find on him, Maher doesn't mention that he picked up another injury during that match report, so we can only guess that it happened after November 8th, and no one reported it.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...heet_as_Blues__under_23s_win_at_Notts_County/

As others have mentioned, Ted's absence through a new injury does make the most sense, as Bishop is now back between the sticks within the U23's side, as he played for them a week ago in their 4-0 win over Swindon.

Ive checked both the os website and twitter, as well as CP's twitter.

This is the latest article I can find on him, Maher doesn't mention that he picked up another injury during that match report, so we can only guess that it happened after November 8th, and no one reported it.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...heet_as_Blues__under_23s_win_at_Notts_County/

Well this is one thread where I can use my inside knowledge because the person who told me about Ted Smiths Injury and when he done it was.....Ted Smith himself.

Now comes the guess part....I reckon it could not have been obvious immediately and was only properly diagnosed in the days after the match, hence the lack of info on the website etc

Did he mention a time frame? should we be expecting to see him back on the bench this side of the new year?

Did he mention a time frame? should we be expecting to see him back on the bench this side of the new year?

Cant remember a time frame but I did get the impression it was not real long term so to speak. Obviously the nature of keeping means its difficult to properly test a shoulder.

Thanks for the update Riggers, Fortunately our goalkeeping injuries are not as bad as Plymouths. I believe their on their Seventh goalkeeper already so far this season!

Wasn't he out on the pitch in the warm up for the Oldham game or did my eyes deceive me?

Not sure he was.

He was doing the rounds with Kyps. Visiting the Centre Circle, Captain's and Blues Lounges with Crowny, before the game.

Seemed in good spirits.

Surely with Oxley's good form and the number of good younger goalkeepers at the club, Smith will be released at the end of the season?.

Surely with Oxley's good form and the number of good younger goalkeepers at the club, Smith will be released at the end of the season?.

I don't see why we would, as it could create a problem for no gain.

Ted would have played for the whole of the second half last season if he had not got injured himself. I think he is a very good understudy/2nd choice keeper for a club in our position. Even back in L2 he done well when he came in for Bentley.

The goalies behind Ted Smith are still young men/lads learning their trade. They are nowhere near ready to start a first team game. So It's unlikely that Ted will be released at the end of the season.

There have been one or two suggestions on here that Oxley could be subject to bids. If that were true, and I doubt it, then Ted would be really needed if the Ox price was right.

Ted might decide that his chances of first team football here are limited now if Oxley re-signs (note the Hyphen Mick:winking:)
and try elsewhere. He's 22 in January and needs first team experience.

You're assuming Oxley stays on. Isn't his contract up at the end of the season?

Back