• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accepting that I'm probably preaching to an audience on SZ somewhat punch drunk by me mentioning my book by now, I'm in the Club Shop on Saturday selling copies of Roots To The 92 if anyone out there has not got their copy yet ..... or maybe thinks it might make a great present for a fellow footie fan.

ALL royalties for sales in December go to Parkinson's Research for which I have a special reason to support given my Dad passed away last year after suffering from the disease for many years. It was Dad's fault I support Southend - he was too mean to turn left out of our road on to the A13 at South Benfleet and head towards Chelsea - so I feel that via the club I need to do something to mark his life-changing choice for me.

There have been a few despondent posts on here of late, many with some justification, but I'd love to make this a positive event by getting sales moving forward to support a great cause. Sales since I published the book currently stand at circa 800, not bad for a self-published book where the average buy total is less than 20. I probably need to start focusing on other things now and stop boring folk about it and will do once I've got to the 1,000 mark (one more '0' nearer JK Rowling), so there's an incentive for you to buy. Unless you can find me a movie director willing to take it on ...........

For anyone who has been on another planet since May 2016 and not seen anything about the book, it has actually had some great reviews - you can find what folk have (independently) said about it on Amazon. There are currently 27 reviews on Amazon, 'unputdownable' was one I really liked by a poster on here, only one was negative and that was from a Sheff Weds fan who I think mis-understood what the book was about (he was expecting it to be a ground guide, it is not, it is a fans tale of what it was like to be there).

I would like to acknowledge here the support from the club backroom (non-playing) staff re this - as with the Moody Blues campaign which they (and Ron) put their weight behind, the backroom staff have again been very helpful to me on this. We do have some good folk at this club of ours.

Not sure where in the club shop I'll be but it's not exactly IKEA so I should be easy to find if you would like to get a copy, or even just come up and say hello. I'll prob be somewhere between the Elvis hats and car mats, a prime spot no doubt.

The club have today put up an article about it all on their website today: https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...92-at-the-club-shop-before-the-bradford-game/

If you can't get to the club shop on Saturday but would like to get a copy (or two) the book remains for sale on Amazon. Just type 'Roots To The 92' in to the Amazon search engine and that will get you there. The same approach re donating royalties applies for online sales.

If you can give this any further publicity yourself please do - if you go on the Roots To The 92 Facebook page there is a post pinned to the top which references the Parkinson's Research campaign which can be shared. Or tweet away. Or get a board and go up and down the High Street.

The only way I can sell copies at the shop is to buy them myself from the publisher first, so to avoid Mrs Suffolk Shrimper moaning at me saying she can't get the turkey on the table because it's full of boxes of my book she's now a little weary of seeing, HELP.

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy T, I knew amongst all of that waffle I'd forget something important.

I'm there from 1.00 pm ish until just before kick-off. And if I've any stock left after that I'll be in the shop after full-time for 30 mins or so.

Another thing I meant to mention was that the book purchase price is £9.00. So that might fit into any Secret Santa budget if you've drawn a Col Ewe fan (I'm actually quite kind in the book about them - MK Dons on the other hand ...... let's just say I'm not welcome back on their fanzone after I went on it publicising the book and a few then got it :unsure:)

I would also like to add, that anyone who is on Facebook, the "Roots To The 92" page is a must follow. I love the short stories and especially the daily pics. Today's one with Morecombe's £4.50 Hotdog did bring a smile to my face. It makes our Roots Hall Rat Burgers look positively Michelin star.

Hi Andy T, I knew amongst all of that waffle I'd forget something important.

I'm there from 1.00 pm ish until just before kick-off. And if I've any stock left after that I'll be in the shop after full-time for 30 mins or so.

Another thing I meant to mention was that the book purchase price is £9.00. So that might fit into any Secret Santa budget if you've drawn a Col Ewe fan (I'm actually quite kind in the book about them - MK Dons on the other hand ...... let's just say I'm not welcome back on their fanzone after I went on it publicising the book and a few then got it :unsure:)

Cheers, mate.

Definitely want a copy, but might prefer the after-match option, so I can take it straight home, rather than have it all afternoon. After all, I don't want to tread on it jumping up and down when we score the winner! :thumbsup:

You wrote a book? How come you never mention it :smile:

I'm a little shy DWB. :smile:

Though if you'd like to buy 200 copies to get me to the 1,000 mark I'll promise never to mention it again (for a bit).

If you want to watch someone squirm come to the club shop on Saturday and see SS Junior cover his head in his hands as his old man accosts anyone I see looking in my direction. He's still getting over MTBD 2016.

I'm a little shy DWB. :smile:

Though if you'd like to buy 200 copies to get me to the 1,000 mark I'll promise never to mention it again (for a bit).

If you want to watch someone squirm come to the club shop on Saturday and see SS Junior cover his head in his hands as his old man accosts anyone I see looking in my direction. He's still getting over MTBD 2016.

I already have the book, albeit on Kindle. Still not finished reading it though :sad:

I have my copy, which is signed by Keith Mercer, Ronnie Pountney and Derek Spence, thanks to Andy for arranging for me to meet them, wasn’t til I got home that I realised he hadn’t signed it himself! :smile:

Really good book, no excuse for any Shrimper fan not to get a copy, especially for such a great cause.

Accepting that I'm probably preaching to an audience on SZ somewhat punch drunk by me mentioning my book by now, I'm in the Club Shop on Saturday selling copies of Roots To The 92 if anyone out there has not got their copy yet ..... or maybe thinks it might make a great present for a fellow footie fan.

ALL royalties for sales in December go to Parkinson's Research for which I have a special reason to support given my Dad passed away last year after suffering from the disease for many years. It was Dad's fault I support Southend - he was too mean to turn left out of our road on to the A13 at South Benfleet and head towards Chelsea - so I feel that via the club I need to do something to mark his life-changing choice for me.

There have been a few despondent posts on here of late, many with some justification, but I'd love to make this a positive event by getting sales moving forward to support a great cause. Sales since I published the book currently stand at circa 800, not bad for a self-published book where the average buy total is less than 20. I probably need to start focusing on other things now and stop boring folk about it and will do once I've got to the 1,000 mark (one more '0' nearer JK Rowling), so there's an incentive for you to buy. Unless you can find me a movie director willing to take it on ...........

For anyone who has been on another planet since May 2016 and not seen anything about the book, it has actually had some great reviews - you can find what folk have (independently) said about it on Amazon. There are currently 27 reviews on Amazon, 'unputdownable' was one I really liked by a poster on here, only one was negative and that was from a Sheff Weds fan who I think mis-understood what the book was about (he was expecting it to be a ground guide, it is not, it is a fans tale of what it was like to be there).

I would like to acknowledge here the support from the club backroom (non-playing) staff re this - as with the Moody Blues campaign which they (and Ron) put their weight behind, the backroom staff have again been very helpful to me on this. We do have some good folk at this club of ours.

Not sure where in the club shop I'll be but it's not exactly IKEA so I should be easy to find if you would like to get a copy, or even just come up and say hello. I'll prob be somewhere between the Elvis hats and car mats, a prime spot no doubt.

The club have today put up an article about it all on their website today: https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...92-at-the-club-shop-before-the-bradford-game/

If you can't get to the club shop on Saturday but would like to get a copy (or two) the book remains for sale on Amazon. Just type 'Roots To The 92' in to the Amazon search engine and that will get you there. The same approach re donating royalties applies for online sales.

If you can give this any further publicity yourself please do - if you go on the Roots To The 92 Facebook page there is a post pinned to the top which references the Parkinson's Research campaign which can be shared. Or tweet away. Or get a board and go up and down the High Street.

The only way I can sell copies at the shop is to buy them myself from the publisher first, so to avoid Mrs Suffolk Shrimper moaning at me saying she can't get the turkey on the table because it's full of boxes of my book she's now a little weary of seeing, HELP.

Cheers, Andy

Great stuff mate and good luck to you.

Apologies if you said in your thread (I couldn't see anywhere) is there anyway you can buy this on line?

And what a great read it is. Thoroughly recommended :thumbsup:

Yep, I'd echo that sentiment.

If anyone hasn't read it yet, do yourself a favour and get a copy. :thumbsup:

Aiming to be at the Club Shop about 1ish tomorrow, Andy, so see you there. :thumbsup:

How dare you! :smile:

Yep, look forward to catching up tomorrow.

Back