• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kyprianou signs new Blues deal

Fantastic news. I hope he becomes a regular but right now, I don't see Brown dropping Ferdinand or Turner I can't remember the last time the club was this committed. What our team could look like in 2020:

[Goalkeeper]
Bwomono Kiernan Kyprianou Hendrie
Kightly Yearwood [Central Midfielder] McLaughlin
Ranger Ba [or Robinson]​

I'd hope there is a new contract in the pipeline for Oxley. It might be too early to say but I see glimpses of potential again in Hendrie, his delivery for one... Bwomono and Yearwood to continue progressing. I'm not sure what part Kightly will play by 2020. We're weak up front unless Ranger gets his game together and Ba is an unknown quantity right now, but would expect a deal for Cox.
I think Ranger has had more than enough time to get his game together and I doubt whether it will ever happen.

Fantastic news. I hope he becomes a regular but right now, I don't see Brown dropping Ferdinand or Turner I can't remember the last time the club was this committed. What our team could look like in 2020:

[Goalkeeper]
Bwomono Kiernan Kyprianou Hendrie
Kightly Yearwood [Central Midfielder] McLaughlin
Ranger Ba [or Robinson]​

I'd hope there is a new contract in the pipeline for Oxley. It might be too early to say but I see glimpses of potential again in Hendrie, his delivery for one... Bwomono and Yearwood to continue progressing. I'm not sure what part Kightly will play by 2020. We're weak up front unless Ranger gets his game together and Ba is an unknown quantity right now, but would expect a deal for Cox.

A few names in there that could show some real promise. I wouldn't expect Kightly to be running up and down the wings in 2020 though, he'd be 34 by then.

Mind you, that being said, Fortune will be nearly 37 by the end of this season, and he still puts in a decent shift.

I also don't see Robinson in the squad in 2020 (despite being contracted) unless he turns into a lean mean goal scoring machine (highly doubtful imo) he'd also be 31 by then as well.

Kiernan and Kryptonite as a CB pairing sounds good to me,and with Elvis and Yearwood,Hoefully BA and Klass progress ,be great to see a few of the youths really come through,add Batlowka and Smith to that group ,it really will be a different team and a team of SUFC products in the main :clap::thumbsup::Worthy:

Let's hope he sees more action than Elvis or Dru did after signing long term deals.

And right on cue , on a positive thread, here comes Mr Negative ... younger person , signing long term deal and yet your post is one of negativity ..

A few names in there that could show some real promise. I wouldn't expect Kightly to be running up and down the wings in 2020 though, he'd be 34 by then.

Mind you, that being said, Fortune will be nearly 37 by the end of this season, and he still puts in a decent shift.

I also don't see Robinson in the squad in 2020 (despite being contracted) unless he turns into a lean mean goal scoring machine (highly doubtful imo) he'd also be 31 by then as well.

But Fortune is playing until he is 50, so he will be up front, but won't last 60 minutes

I think Ranger has had more than enough time to get his game together and I doubt whether it will ever happen.

I think it's highly doubtful we will see the player we hoped we would either.

That is true, I for one thought Fortune's engine would have fallen out somewhere down the road and it hasn't. However I think you're right. Kightly doesn't have the hamstrings for it, but perhaps he could move into the center, Gower-esque.

Confirmed by CP & on the OS that Harry has officially signed the 3 and a half year deal, until 2021.

DRG7dxOXkAEVS0Y.jpg

I'm pleased with this signing... Is he now fit from his injury? He's definitely one for the future.

If we don't rush him back he may not be injured for the majority of the next three years. Good signing and just reward.

I'm pleased with this signing... Is he now fit from his injury? He's definitely one for the future.

Apparently so, he's back to full fitness and was due to feature in the U23 squad against Mk Dons on Tuesday, but it was postponed due to the freezing weather. I would imagine he would feature somewhere in the squad tomorrow.

Apparently so, he's back to full fitness and was due to feature in the U23 squad against Mk Dons on Tuesday, but it was postponed due to the freezing weather. I would imagine he would feature somewhere in the squad tomorrow.

Would be good to see him on the bench. I doubt he'd get a game though if he hasn't played. Under 23 games do seem the way forward getting our injured guys back, which he hasn't had.

I'd also think he will feature on the bench, considering he's less of a risk than Coker, and is a useful utility cover for either, centre back, left back or left midfield, should they pick up any injuries etc.

Only downside on this signing is that soon we will lose both Demetriou and Kryptonite to international duties , suppose then we can do a Walsall and get the matches cancelled until their return .:smile:

For someone is 21 in March and only started 9 league games to date giving him a contract for another 3 years until he is 24 seems a bit strange unless he is very cheap. Will he go straight back into the side when he has had a U23 game? - He ought to - but I doubt he will.

Elvis is 19 now and hasn't been seen for weeks -doesn't even make the bench.

Elvis is 19 now and hasn't been seen for weeks -doesn't even make the bench.

Probably because we have been ok for cover at right back in the last month since he featured on the bench against Portsmouth.

He did feature in last weeks U23's match though, and was wearing the captains arm band for us.

Harry so far is the biggest plus for us this season.I do not think it will be long before he regains his place. More than worth a 3 year deal in my opinion. Elvis, Dru and Ba will probably have to bide their time but it is just nice to know they aren't far away. Could be exciting times ahead.

Back