• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues defender Ben gets green-light for return

Great news. Glad to hear he is contention for Saturday, just only hope he's not rushed back in too soon, and suffers a set back over the busy Christmas fixtures.

another week of full contact training, at least a couple of u23 games, then a substitute appearance before challenging hendrie for left back. anything less will be rushing him back. And then he will need to get match fitness. IMHO of course. As soon as I hit this post button, he''l be named starting left back v bradford

another week of full contact training, at least a couple of u23 games, then a substitute appearance before challenging hendrie for left back. anything less will be rushing him back. And then he will need to get match fitness. IMHO of course. As soon as I hit this post button, he''l be named starting left back v bradford
I agree with this ,But I think PB is better manager than just too rush him back.Now all we need is for Kiernan to recover and get match fitness,think with Kryptonite and Kiernan we will have a future CB pairing of some quality

I agree with this ,But I think PB is better manager than just too rush him back.Now all we need is for Kiernan to recover and get match fitness,think with Kryptonite and Kiernan we will have a future CB pairing of some quality

Not until someone nicks Anton's zimmer:hilarious:

That's a poor substitution and won't work

I’m not so sure about that Webby. I think it will work as long as there is not an expectation that Timlin performs the same role. I’d see him more as a defensive midfielder winning the ball, passing it and leaving the creativity to someone else. One man doesn’t make a team and I’d argue that Liverpool’s fixation on Gerrard probably cost them more success than they had.

Can't imagine there are many Under 23 games scheduled for the next few weeks. So he may well get some game time in the first team over Christmas fixtures.

I’m not so sure about that Webby. I think it will work as long as there is not an expectation that Timlin performs the same role. I’d see him more as a defensive midfielder winning the ball, passing it and leaving the creativity to someone else. One man doesn’t make a team and I’d argue that Liverpool’s fixation on Gerrard probably cost them more success than they had.

It makes a lot more sense than putting one of our other midfielders in, Timlin probably won't be running from box to box but he's more defensively minded than the other options.

My comment was based on just using Timlin in the Lenny role. I think if you are going to use Timlin in a deeper defensive midfield role, then it could work. This would leave Wordy, when fit, to play in a more advanced role. I guess this would still mean that Wright would have to play the Atkinson/Petterfer role of playing wide but tucking in more.

I think Yearwood could also play the advanced role given the chance.

Timlin was less than impressive in the Peterborough cup game, but then again most of the team were unimpressive that game

A good game from Ben today and shows what we have been missing; quite amazing that he got straight back into form (a slow first 10 minutes maybe) after so long out injured.:thumbsup:

Based on today's game, I wouldn't want Timlin anywhere near the first team again, but as Brown's special one, he will get games no matter what

Based on today's game, I wouldn't want Timlin anywhere near the first team again, but as Brown's special one, he will get games no matter what

He was much better than Wordsworth today, with Leonard suspended I can't see who else could fill his role next match.

Back