• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thompson: It's too early to say if I was right to leave Blues

Hmmm, highly regarded at Southend, one of the first names on the team sheet. Totally respected and valued by the fans...

OR

Dumped by Bury and warming the bench at Bradford, with only a remote chance is 1st team football and the odd reserve team appearance.

Be careful what you wish for!

What a chump!! :dim:

Given that players outside of Prem & Championship don’t earn much in general , and have the same relatively short career compared to say ‘an office worker’ etc , I have absolutely no issues with Thompson, Atkinson or anyone moving for more money and a longer contract.
Why would you not ?
No brainier.

IMO a hard working pro, just a little too short, little too slow to make it to "the big time" and he had to do what he did to get a signing on fee and 2 year contract; fair play to him.
Our injury woes at CB would have given him a really good first team run of games, and helped us greatly BUT that is all stated with hindsight and such wisdom.

He'd be first choice and have played every game available if he'd stayed here.

Would take him back in a heartbeat.

it would be a late Christmas present for Southend Fans....T&T in the heart of defence would be a very nice sight indeed

A dynamite combination, I agree.

Tut tut. As I was recently referred to as a school master on here, I feel it necessary for me to point out that there is no relation between Dynamite and TNT, except of course that they both go bang. To further inform, C-4 was not the early forerunner of the Sinclair C5. One is used to bomb and the other bombed. :smiles:

Isn't it a FIFA rule that players can't play for more than two clubs in a season? If so he won't be going anywhere.

I think the fact that when he still with us he was playing for Northern Ireland and could have enjoyed a few World Cup qualication games , played 20 matches as CB and would have shored up our defence to such an extent we would probably have been up the top of the league , says it all.

Shame , i thought he was an excellent player. And his speed of thought was as quick as Ferdinands legs were slow.

Looking forward to seeing how big his beer belly has grown in the past few months. :pig:

Back