• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

.....when you badly need the points to give hope for the rest of the season, and to keep you in a job. Oh no....not our Phil.....lets not test there keeper when we are playing at home. Ron you ain't got the balls to sack the idiot in charge after last week so this week Phil confirms it for you..... We got back in to it when he put on a proper forward line but he has to commit suicide before that happens....east stand tea lady has got more idea!

Last edited:
Here we go ! 30 pages of ‘Kill Phil !’
So you are impressed by his handling of the team currently...? It took us years to get out of league two , and I for one don't want to go back ... Phil managers like he should have been
the captain of the titanic... icebergs ? Don't worry about them , we will be alight... oh , that ended well ....

So you are impressed by his handling of the team currently...? It took us years to get out of league two , and I for one don't want to go back ... Phil managers like he should have been
the captain of the titanic... icebergs ? Don't worry about them , we will be alight... oh , that ended well ....
...it makes me really wonder if people like Floval Flyer know the difference between Alex Ferguson and our bloke....people like him would get us ruined like Borient

...it makes me really wonder if people like Floval Flyer know the difference between Alex Ferguson and our bloke....people like him would get us ruined like Borient
....Paul Clark just came out and said he didn't understand the starting line up and Wordswoth certainly hadn't got a clue where he was.....only Phil knows!

...i thought that was last week but today he has removed all doubt. Take it you put up with anything and don't go to games?

I go to 90% of games, have done for over 30 years...

whats your excuse?

(didn’t go today as I went Xmas shopping, not that I need to explain myself to the likes of you! :dim:)

30 posts in 6 years? :dim:

why is that? All your other alter ego accounts been blocked for trolling. :nope:

Alex Ferguson? Never heard of him!

I go to 90% of games, have done for over 30 years...

whats your excuse?

(didn’t go today as I went Xmas shopping, not that I need to explain myself to the likes of you! :dim:)
...can't beat a bloke that is controlled by the Mrs. and thinks Phil Brown is a good manager!

I would have thought that his lack of posts just shows how cheesed off he must be by Brown to be bothered to post on this subject?

I simply can't believe the number of people on here who think that Brown is doing a good job. Next up another embarrassing thumping at Scunny no doubt and still people think we will do well this season. Dream on. Mid table obscurity at best but worryingly, the drop zone is not out of the question with Brown still not sure what his best starting eleven is. I think he has had his time.

In response to the thread title, how many strikers do man city play at a time? Do you think their fans are moaning about it? One up front being 'right or wrong' is far too simplistic. Its about how you support the one wjen attacking, and the style of play implemented. 451 can easily become 433 when on the ball and can easily be more attacking than a simplistic rigid 442.

Indeed, but it probably helps if the one upfront has scored more than one goal in the last 8 months.

A lot of teams that play one striker don't have someone particularly prolific up there. A big part of that role is bringing others into the game. Just look at man Utd for example. Lukaku has barely scored for a number of games, but he still brings lingard martial rashford mata etc into the game and creates chances for them or space for them to exploit. Other than the city game, they've also still been scoring plenty of goals too.

A lot of teams that play one striker don't have someone particularly prolific up there. A big part of that role is bringing others into the game. Just look at man Utd for example. Lukaku has barely scored for a number of games, but he still brings lingard martial rashford mata etc into the game and creates chances for them or space for them to exploit. Other than the city game, they've also still been scoring plenty of goals too.

We didn’t have lingard, rashford, martial or mata supporting though. They are attackers by trade, just not strikers. We had Macca, Wordsworth and Wright, none of who have pace, can barely beat a man etc. They are midfielders

Agreed and I do accept that 'Eddy'.

Seemed a very negative formation, to me. Especially when those playing off Ranger are hardly goalscoring machines.

Agreed and I do accept that 'Eddy'.

Seemed a very negative formation, to me. Especially when those playing off Ranger are hardly goalscoring machines.

We have some good players here but why we haven't actually got the personnel to out together a simple 442, or why PB doesn't want to do it escapes me. Every line-up looks unbalanced. Fundamentally we needed to replace Atkinson and we didn't.

We dont possess a goalscoring machine ,if we did im sure it would be first picked every week,may cost the club a bit for petrol though.:smile:

As I have said elsewhere, we need to look at non-league goal scorers who have the ambition to play in League 1. Not players who have been there, done it, got the tee-shirt, who are now just after a final pay-off before hanging up their boots. I would wager we have more of those than anyone else in this league.

Back