• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Improved effort and no shame against a very organised and capable side. Well done the lads. Play that way and we will get points from more games than we don't.

Based on what, we barely had an attempt on goal. If it were not for Oxley we could have lost by 3 or 4. Yes there was More effort and commitment but no quality in the final third. Ranger was isolated and barely won a header, three times in the first half he Got out jumped by a guy a foot shorter and the one real chance he had he fluffed.

I'd say he was trying to kick the ball that their player sat on to try to win a free kick

he was no where near the ball, we thought Leonard was lucky to stay on the pitch, defo kicked their guy on the ground and then embarrassed himself after getting a tiny shove that even my 13 year old wouldn't have fallen over for

Can't believe no one has mentioned the cheating of Bradford. Especially their goalkeeper on Ranger which effectively ruined his game! Also the ref who did nothing to stamp it out.

From my distant viewpoint,I would have thought the penalty decision was doubtful.But having witnessed the decision-making of the”referee” throughout the match,I know it definitely wasn’t a pen.

From my distant viewpoint,I would have thought the penalty decision was doubtful.But having witnessed the decision-making of the”referee” throughout the match,I know it definitely wasn’t a pen.

I agree totally. Seems there is a split between definite penalty and definitely not a penalty on here. The ref did make a lot of poor decisions but I guess in the split second he saw the challenge, he had to make a call and he got it wrong on this occasion. As I've already said, had the challenge been made in the middle of the park, the ref probably would have taken no notice

The fact remains.

We are falling down the league. Crowds are falling. Was that the lowest home support for some time?

We have lost 4 games on the bounce. We have Scunny away he will probably put 3 or 4 past us comfortably.

We then have shrews and charlton at home.

We may turn a corner but I can only see more misery ahead.

Scunny will destroy us next week.

R u after PB job ? Lighten up a bit u r so negative . We r all unhappy about loosing but it's not Gods given 4 us 2 win every game .Try & look at the positives ,Ranger scored ,Coker back ,& Barnsley were bottom of the leauge at 1 point & then were promoted !:smile::smile:

Yep, just confirms what a fair percentage of us believe, that it was a penalty.

No issue, for me.

The keeper making a meal of Ranger's challenge. Well, that's another story.

Why was a two handed push on a player not punished with a red ? They should not have had 11 on the pitch for the last 15 or so.

I agree. No matter what Lenny did or didn't do before, retaliation and a 2 handed push on him should be a red card if the laws of the game are to be followed

Two handed push is now only a yellow card and has been for a few seasons now. I remember Eastwood getting a red card for pushing I think a Huddersfield player but that was before the rule change.

The Laws in respect of "pushing" be it one handed, two handed or whatever have not changed.

It is down to the referee's interpretation of what constitutes "violent conduct". Obviously some referees might have a different perception of how violent various pushes are - and pushes to the head are more likely to be viewed as violent enough for a red card.

A game totally ruined by a "me, me,me" ref. Countless times he failed to give us free kicks that were clear fouls, and, as has been said by Lord Football, a free kick to Bradford for a foul on our player, gave them the lead up to the penalty. I can't believe how many refs and linesmen fail to see the constant holding down of forwards, we see it with all of ours (and some of our defenders too, for that matter!). I wish they would sort this stuff out and be consistent.

Lovely to see Coker back, what a difference he made - thought he was a little hesitant on challenges a couple of times, only to be expected after what he's been through, and he jumped up in retaliation a bit smartish when one of their players scythed him down. Defensively, I thought White and Turner a very sound pairing.

Midfield didn't work, Wright and Timlin both pretty anonymous, and Woody supposedly playing off Ranger didn't work either. Why isn't Woody taking our corners any more? He's our best dead ball deliverer and it's not as if we needed his height in the box with Ranger, Turner, White and Leonard all there.

1st half wasn't as bad as some halves of football we've seen and the 2nd was much better - why is it we're only really getting one decent half out of our players though? It's a 90 minutes game, after all.

I thought Lenny was a bit hard done by on the penalty, my immediate reaction was that he'd won the ball and the Bradford man had dived - as they'd been inclined to throughout the game. He shouldn't have been in the position where he had to do it though, we are our own worst enemy at times.

We saw Cox in main reception at half 1 so assumed he wasn't playing, didn't dream he and Anton had both been dropped. Both were in the Directors Box during warm up with faces like slapped arses so it was clearly a surprise to them - which makes me wonder how on earth we had prepared for this game? Our Junior Blues party Tuesday is going to be interesting!

Oxley - 7
Demi - 6
White - 7
Turner - 8, MOTM
Coker - 7
Wright - 5
Timlin - 5
Leonard - 7
McLaughlin - 7
Woody - 6
Ranger - 6

Subs:
Fortune - 7, made a difference when he came on
McGlashan - 7, when he's good, he's very good
Ba - n/a - would have loved to see Wabo given a run though

Can't be bothered with ratings as it's too depressing!

Oxley was his usual reliable self and made some great stops. Turner had moments of class, shortly followed by moments of being caught out on several occasions. Coker looked like a man on a mission after so long out and showed plenty of heart. Lenny worked hard and put himself on the line a few times and although he's most likely off in January, you can't fault his commitment as he's definitely not jogging around and wrapping himself in cotton wool.

We were poor tactically in the first half as the 4-5-1 or whatever it was supposed to be just didn't work. Wordsworth looked like he didn't have a clue where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to be doing. Ranger was isolated and the ball rarely got past the midfield. Second half was better, but it was too late by that point as we hadn't left ourselves any real time to do anything useful once he got the subs on and played with the team he should've started with.

Referee was shocking and obviously thought we'd all come to see him. The penalty came from a move which started with the referee giving a free kick on the halfway line in front of the East stand which was an appalling decision. We all thought it was the Bradford chap who committed the foul so everyone was pretty baffled when he blew up and gave them a freekick.

All in all, second half performance was better, but we only looked truly up for it when Lenny got sent off. Looked like we had some fire in our bellies and clearly thought we'd been wronged. Why can't we play with the same intensity and desire from the off? The squad on paper is one of the best we've ever had so I can't help but feel we're hugely underachieving.

I've been sitting on the fence with Brown for a while and wouldn't be disappointed to see him go, but equally wouldn't be disappointed to see him stay. I can't help but feel though that another manager would be able to get far more out of the players we've got than Brown is currently.

Back