• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, whether Wordsworth has the ability to play up front or not (or in a holding role behind Ranger). We know He has goals in him, hence him being our 2nd highest goal scorer last last season with 12 goals, so he certainly knows how to find the net given the opportunity. (except for this season, along with everyone else in the squad of course! :sad:)

According to the Bradford City forum, they heard a pre-match interview with PB on local radio up there, where he said he knew what sort of side Stuart McCall would be picking and how he intended to set-up against it, which says it all really.

Apart from Kightly, we had a full strength squad to pick from, pretty much and the side should really pick itself :-

Oxley
Demertriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
Wright/Kightly Leonard Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

There's a couple of contentious places, I'm sure, but that's pretty much full strength to me.

Quite why we had this bizarre selection on Saturday is frankly beyond comprehension.

As usual he worries too much about the opposition and changes formation and we end up losing. It's happened time and time again.

Doubt if we'll see Wordsworth playing in that support role for the main striker again anytime soon.Apart from that missed header in the first half he was pretty quiet.Clearly better suited to midfield.

He didn't play any differently to how he normally plays. He didn't go any where near playing up front. Everyone was quiet in the first half after Bradford scored.

He didn't play any differently to how he normally plays. He didn't go any where near playing up front. Everyone was quiet in the first half after Bradford scored.

I think most people would accept that he was playing in a more advanced position that he usually plays in midfield,without any defensive responsibilities.That's certainly how it looked watching the game on ifollow.

I think most people would accept that he was playing in a more advanced position that he usually plays in midfield,without any defensive responsibilities.That's certainly how it looked watching the game on ifollow.

No chance.

Ranger was on his own in the first half and Wordsworth was playing as one of five midfielders - at home - pathetic.

After about 5 minutes of the second half Wordsworth started to play in a more advanced position and after that, when we were concentrating on our game and trying to attack, we were much better.

Too much clean sheet mentality (even though we were a goal down), too much worrying about the opposition and too much emphasis on not getting thrashed again.

According to the Bradford City forum, they heard a pre-match interview with PB on local radio up there, where he said he knew what sort of side Stuart McCall would be picking and how he intended to set-up against it, which says it all really.

Apart from Kightly, we had a full strength squad to pick from, pretty much and the side should really pick itself :-

Oxley
Cox Fortune

There's a couple of contentious places, I'm sure, but that's pretty much full strength to me.

Quite why we had this bizarre selection on Saturday is frankly beyond comprehension.

There's a distinct lack of "legs" in that XI, particularly when Lenny is suspended next weekend (or sold).

Brown's first couple of seasons we might have lacked guile but teams didn't outrun us. That looks like a team that's not just going to get outworked on a fairly regular basis but be fading in the second half and conceding late goals.

Oxley
Cox Fortune

To shoehorn Timlin into the side

There's a distinct lack of "legs" in that XI, particularly when Lenny is suspended next weekend (or sold).

Brown's first couple of seasons we might have lacked guile but teams didn't outrun us. That looks like a team that's not just going to get outworked on a fairly regular basis but be fading in the second half and conceding late goals.

To shoehorn Timlin into the side

There might be some truth in that 'DWB'.

On the best side 'Yorkshire' I'm not saying in the long run, I'm basing it on what we have now and would be best choosing for our next match. All things being available.

In the long run, yes Kyps, Dru, Elvis and others would be the future, for sure.

As usual he worries too much about the opposition and changes formation and we end up losing. It's happened time and time again.

Totally agree with this, drives me mad, so negative, just maybe sometimes let the opposition worry about us. It would be nice to see Brown be positive for a change.
From where I was in the green seats it looked like Bradford were playing 3 up top in the first half, so Phils tactics almost invited them to attack us.
If only Phil didnt actually believe he is a tactical genius. :cry:

Totally agree with this, drives me mad, so negative, just maybe sometimes let the opposition worry about us. It would be nice to see Brown be positive for a change.
From where I was in the green seats it looked like Bradford were playing 3 up top in the first half, so Phils tactics almost invited them to attack us.
If only Phil didnt actually believe he is a tactical genius. :cry:

brian Clough used to be excellent at that. When he took Forest to the European finals he was interviewed at various times when they were expected to loose and was asked what he was going to do differently and what tactics would be changed. He would look at the interviewer either in contempt or in confusion and state that forest would not be changing their tactics to deal with ...... but they might change their tactics to deal with forest. Can you imagine how much confidence that gives players!

brian Clough used to be excellent at that. When he took Forest to the European finals he was interviewed at various times when they were expected to loose and was asked what he was going to do differently and what tactics would be changed. He would look at the interviewer either in contempt or in confusion and state that forest would not be changing their tactics to deal with ...... but they might change their tactics to deal with forest. Can you imagine how much confidence that gives players!

The thing is, Brian Clough, had the likes of Peter Shilton, Viv Anderson, Trevor Francis, Tony Woodcock and Martin O'Neill. Some had a further modicum of success after the Clough education years. Who did PB have in his heyday? Michael Turner. Yeah, who is that? Where did he end up?

Back