• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What we need is an experience ex PL player who can read the game at the back. He would have spotted the danger and been in abetter positon to stop the cross for the first goal. :winking:

Failing that JW should have shown the same conviction they did in the first half, rather than stepping over the cross. They threw themselves in front of some very dangerous balls by McL. With that kind of defending you can see why they have done so well away from home.

Shocking decision to give them a free kick that lead to the penalty. Having said that it was a really poor free header by Demi and a lazy close down afterwards, which allowed them in the box in the first place.

Having watched it several times and slow mo-ed it on the C5 show, for me it was a definite penalty.

Lenny doesn't really get the ball at all. The trajectory of the ball actually goes backwards behind Lenny, after the tackle.

He may have got a little of the ball with his thigh or something, but not without going straight through Nicky Law, IMHO.

Thank God for that! I've watched it 3 or 4 times and you can see Lenny miss the ball clearly with his right leg and take Law out. As he makes the tackle, part of his body squirts the ball right. If he had connected with the ball first, it would have gone out towards the West stand or for a corner.

The number of people saying clearly no penalty was making me doubt my own eyes!

At the time I thought it was a nailed on penalty and if that challenge had taken place in their box, we would have been screaming!

So, for anyone still in doubt, re-run the video of the challenge and see if you can find a reason to see if it WAS a penalty by pretending you're a Bradford fan.

The ref sees it once, but got that one right, sadly IMO.

EDIT - Looking again, it appears that the ball comes back off Law's heel as he is falling. I can't even see Lenny play the ball at all.

How close to being a penalty was the free kick they got on the edge of the box ( White's foul?) after the penalty?

It was a penalty no doubt about it. Plenty of people moaning about the ref I thought he was one of the better ones we've had this season.

Seriously worried about how we will enter 2018. 7pts of play-offs yes but also 7pts of relegation...

Our next 3 games
Scunthorpe, Charlton, Shrewsbury.
How many points do we genuinely expect to come away with out of them 3?

"How many points do we genuinely expect to come away with out of them 3?"

I predict two :unsure:

I wasn't there so I'm not gonna comment on his overall performance. Seen a lot of positives about Coker but he is so out of position for that first goal! He's basically in centre mid

I wasn't there so I'm not gonna comment on his overall performance. Seen a lot of positives about Coker but he is so out of position for that first goal! He's basically in centre mid

Coker was pretty awful in the first 15 minutes, fortunately he got his act together after that and played well.

Back