• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sincerely hope all three of those posters just mean "out" from the match report threads and not from the forum altogether :unsure:

This wasn't a 'Brown out' game.

Scunny are a good side and losing to them is no disgrace (unlike the crap home draws against many of the bottom sides during our our 'superb' - not - unbeaten home run).

I rather enjoyed it and we gave a good account of ourselves but just aren't as good as them.

We could have gone one up in the first minute when Macca went down the left and put in a fine low driven cross which Demi connected with but just failed to turn in.

After that and until we scored from an undeserved, wicked deflection, I have no idea how we managed to avoid going three down.

1-1 at HT was a great result for us.

In the second half we showed admirable attacking intent in a game that was end to end and could have gone either way until a three on two breakaway was thwarted by an absolutely superb saving tackle from John White.

Unforgiveably we lost concentration when the resultant corner was quickly taken and we were behind. If only we had a captain who could defend and organise a defence.

We continued to drive to get back in the match - credit to Brown and the team - and we finally showed how to finish when Turner hammered an unstoppable shot past Bishop.

Nathan did well when he came on and the tactics were fine - we just aren't good enough - but so as not to risk anyone else leaving this thread I won't give my opinion on the reason for this.

Oxley 8: we'll really miss him

White 7: did well and saved a certain goal (for 30 seconds)
Turner 6: great strike, wrong end
Ferdinand 5: retirement beckons - just doesn't look like a footballer any more
Coker 7: fully committed

Demitriou 7: much prefer him back in midfield and good goal - as David Crown always says 'If you don't shoot.......'
Wright 5: neat and tidy going sideways and backwards again but not a 3rd division footballer and causes no problems for the opposition
Wordsworth 5: doesn't seem bothered any more
McLaughlin 6: not bad today but that didn't save him from a first half verbal broadside from Coker when he didn't fancy a tackle

Fortune 6: tried hard enough but never looks like scoring
Cox 6: tried hard enough but doesn't play on the shoulder of the last defender and rarely looks like scoring

Bishop 7: the goals weren't his fault. He must have been nervous but handled himself really well.
Ba n/a: not on long enough

I used to log on to the zone regularly pre match, and post match, but now dip in now and again, the posts are continually hacked by “Brown outs” and before anyone rips my head off, I think his time is up, but for heavens sake let people who actually go to the games post ratings and leave the s**t for another thread.
I was there yesterday, and even through my beer goggles could see we had no ideas going forward, we missed Lenny massively, and defensively were too easy to break down and get behind on the flanks, and thank god we had Coker back at LB as their right winger would have ripped anyone else there a new one. Oxley kept us in the game early doors otherwise it could have been worse!
But as this is a ratings thread, and I was actually there....
Oxley...8. Bishop....6
Coker...7
Turner..6
Ferdinand..5
White...6
Macca...6
Demitriou..7. Extra point for actually taking a shot
Wright..6
Wordsworth..5
Cox...6
MAF...5

Ref 5. Some really strange decisions, the one he gave against White in the 2nd half was truly comical.

Brown... Too late making any substitution.

Not sure who who you are alluding to here? Fans at the game abusing our players, some of our players who aren't performing or those on here that don't agree with your opinion?

I think its clear who I was talking about.

If anything your post is unclear....Is it ok to abuse players if YOU think they have underperformed ?

How the hell have you turned it around and made it look like I was talking about me abusing players at games. I was asking a genuine question but again you bypass the actual question and try and put the focus back on the poster asking you the question. I am done with you, you can go on ignore like Leoblue. The sooner Brown goes, the sooner you will hopefully disappear

This spat keeps cropping up on here. It's obviously personal.

Seems to me that 'Rigsby' is quite clear on what he is saying and that is that fans who shout abuse at our players when they come over at the end of the game to applaud the supporters are the ones he feels aren't helping the harmony of the side. He is obviously not talking about people who don't agree with his own opinion.

This baiting is tiring. It really is, mate.

You are a better poster than this.

Back