• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wondering if there are stats for other clubs with ratios of corners scored/conceded from, so it gives an idea of where we are compared to others?

This.

We need some context to it.

The biggest problem with our attacking set-pieces is the delivery, which is pretty average for a professional club.

I think it's the lack of targets.

Turner basically has twice as many goals in half as many career games as White and Anton combined. He comes in and in 9 matches equals as many goals as Anton, White and Kyprianou (none of whom I'd describe as dominating in the air) have in 55 matches between them this season.

Agreed 'Yorkshire' and good point on Turner.

He has also won a couple of good headers from corners that have set-up chances and also hit the post at MK Dons with a header.

Could end up being our top-scorer!

It would be great if Turner can continue to be so effective upfront upfront benefiting from decent deliveries.I do believe these have to be practised and practised ad nauseum. Interesting to hear Tony Adams talking about the great defensive combinations though, especially as we have conceded 38 goals I think at the other end. He speaks of the great back fours being drilled relentless until they were organised like a machine. But also added there was always an agreement about which of the 2 main central defenders would attack the ball most and which hang back.
However as far as he is concerned so much hangs on having 2 great midfielders with significant defensive skills in front of the back 4 ,allowing little through. Apart from Lenny and with him gone our current 4 across the middle are exceptionally lacking in this aspect, especially Wordsworth and Mc Glashen

We've been lucky enough to have the likes of Barry Corr, Mark Phillips and Bilel Mohsni in the side in the not so distant past, all of whom could be relied upon to chip in with numerous goals from set pieces. Michael Turner I think will certainly be a threat in the opposition box. Nile should be, but he's not aggressive enough for me.

Corners have been outstanding today. Conceded from one. Passed one of ours back to our centre back. Floated 2 straight to the keep lee

Clueless

But we DID score from one!

I still want to know why Wordsworth is no longer taking them.

Our set pieces have been generally **** for years. I would like to see the stats over the last 30 years of watching the blues of all 92 football league clubs we have got to be low down the pecking order for goals scored.

Direct free kicks I can recall about 6!!!

Back