• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A very important game for me yesterday - first game for WS Junior at the home of the Thames Estuary Galacticos so understandably everything was through rose tinted glasses...

However, my first game for a while for a number of reasons but these are my ratings:

Ratings-

Oxley - 7 - Was excellent on crosses and couldn't do anything about the goal. Wasn't fit but gamely got through the match.

Demetriou - 5 - Not the best option at right back. Defensive work very suspect and isn't that what full backs should do? Better when pushed forward into midfield.
Coker - 8 - Excellent. Best player with the exception of the number 18...
Ferdinand - 7 - No real problems, experience showed as his positioning was excellent which made up for his severe lack of pace. A good player but certainly on the way down.
Turner - 8 - Incredibly good in the air at both ends of the pitch. No nonsense defending and given the freedom of the north end of the pitch to score at the right end. Maybe Kyps alongside him to give a bit of pace?

McLaughlin - 7 - Good first half but seriously faded on a heavy pitch. Lost his footing a few times in front of the West Stand where the turf literally moved under his studs.
Leonard - 8 - Covered his midfield partner allowing him to get forward. Also covered right back a lot... Agreed, he was lucky to be on the pitch after the last foul but hey, he's my son's favourite player so gets a bye.
Wordsworth - 7 - Still not a fan. Doesn't have a high enough workrate, but imagine what passing he could do with a decent pitch to play on?
Wright - 7 - Drifted into the middle too much allowing JD to be exposed however his range of passing was up with Wordy. Maybe alongside Lenny if Kightly is back soon?

Cox - 9 - He may not seem to like Ranger, but played the No.10 role perfectly, and finished like a No.9. Workrate high and hopefully this will get a bit more confidence into him. He can score goals.
Ranger - 7 - Battled hard against a lump of a centre half but looks like Bambi on ice on occasions. Doesn't look like scoring, but linked up well.

Subs -
McGlashan - 7 - Pacey and made a nuisance of himself.
Fortune - 6 - Not sure if he is a first team player.
White - 6 - Should have been on from the start. Would be a better option at right back.

Ref - Standard of refs is shocking, isn't it? One of the better ones but that's not saying anything.

The team looked like what it is - a mid table team, that could potentially make a break for the playoffs if a few changes were made. Does that mean changing the manager? Possibly.

In all I loved being back at the Hall after a bit of a break. It maybe old, it may be falling down (quite literally in some cases) but it's been home for a long time and it was great taking my son and my better half for their first Southend game. I will be back more often in the new year...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1514330457991.jpg
    FB_IMG_1514330457991.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 45
Back