• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HITS BOARD

Suffolk Shrimper (Vic Damone) 1 point

Benfleet A1 (Billy Graham) 1 Point

Blueronron (Billy Graham) 1 Point

ROB B (Billy Graham) 1 point

Napster (Ken Dodd) 1 point

Yorkshire Blue (Jim Bowen) 1 point

*ORM* (Bill 'Selwyn' Maynard) 1 point

Could I ask the players to check for hits and if I have missed any, please let me know.

Winnie Mandella, she of burning tyres around the neck and kidnapping children fame has pegged out. This day just gets better and better.

Winnie Mandella, she of burning tyres around the neck and kidnapping children fame has pegged out. This day just gets better and better.

Unjustly criticised in the West.She was quite right to say that “I would be extremely naive if I suggested to you that South Africa today is what we dreamed of when we gave up our lives,”....".Political freedom without economic freedom is what has resulted in the challenges we face today" also that "the economy (in SA) remained in the hands of the few."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/02/winnie-madikizela-mandela-dies-aged-81

Unjustly criticised in the West.She was quite right to say that “I would be extremely naive if I suggested to you that South Africa today is what we dreamed of when we gave up our lives,”....".Political freedom without economic freedom is what has resulted in the challenges we face today" also that "the economy (in SA) remained in the hands of the few."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/02/winnie-madikizela-mandela-dies-aged-81

So you are sorry to see the tyre neck hanging, child kidnapping and highly suspect murdering old bag go? For the life of me I can't imagine why.

So you are sorry to see the tyre neck hanging, child kidnapping and highly suspect murdering old bag go? For the life of me I can't imagine why.

I am not condoning what Winnie Mandela did in anyway, but here in the west many of our heroes are tainted in blood and death. Take Winston Churchill for example, lauded as one of the greatest Englishmen ever to have lived, yet he was up to his elbows in the blood of innocent people. He even wanted to machine gun down strikers.

As someone who has lived and worked in SA, she thought she was Eva Peron
Most people including Black and whites and let not forget the many Indians who settled there saw her as corrupt and like many leaders had a good network that ruled by threats and violence, yet the poorest people saw her as a hero, maybe even a South African Robin Hood, who though lived in mansion and drove a Mercedes.
Nelson Mandela summed it up, when he died he left her nothing in the will and yet she decided to contest it and lost again

Hero to sum, Villain to others, a bit like McGuiness and Adams, there is always someone willing to post the good they did and forget about the killings and evil they caused

UTS

I am not condoning what Winnie Mandela did in anyway, but here in the west many of our heroes are tainted in blood and death. Take Winston Churchill for example, lauded as one of the greatest Englishmen ever to have lived, yet he was up to his elbows in the blood of innocent people. He even wanted to machine gun down strikers.

But he didn't, did he.

Yes I agree with maninasuitcase....If that evil Churchill had never existed then we would never have heard of Winnie Mandela....Or any other black activist for that matter.

There would be no such thing as Brexit because Europe would be fully united without a hint of migrant trouble or muslim extremism.

Best of all our glorious leader JC could never be accused of anti Semitism......the term wouldn't exist.

Our Darkest Hour would be a film about how we nearly didn't surrender to Nazis but came to our senses in the end.

Last edited:

Read the obituary which I linked to and you'll get an idea of her importance to the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa.

He certainly ordered troops to shoot at unarmed miners at Tonypandy.Nor did he have the interests of ordinary working class people at heart, as he proved during the General strike, when he edited the government propaganda paper the British Gazette.His role in the Seige of Sidney Stret as Home Secreatary before WW1 has also been questioned.

His disastrous Gallapoli campaign in WW1 caused the death of many young men.In fact,the single thing he was right about in his long military and political career was his opposition to Hitler.

Last edited:
Read the obituary to which I linked to and you'll get an idea of her importance to the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa.

He certainly ordered troops to shoot (and kill ) unarmed miners at Tonypandy.Nor did he have the interests of ordinary working class people at heart, as he proved during the General strike, when he edited the government propaganda paper the British Gazette.His role in the Seige of Sidney Stret as Home Secreatary before WW1 has also been questioned.

His disastrous Gallapoli campaign in WW1 caused the death of many young men.In fact,the single thing he was right about in his long military and political career was his opposition to Hitler.

Your utter ignorance of British history is only surpassed by your support for racist murdering thugs like Winnie Mandela or McGuiness.

She jumped on the hard work and sacrifice that Nelson Mandela suffered. She abused her married name and used her positon to murder and bully people who didn't agree with her.....Like most lefties do if you give them any power. At least old Nelson managed to see through her in the end.

Ray Wilkins........ scorer of one of the better goals in a Cup Final (1983 v Brighton) and winner of the most ridiculous sending off by an England player (v Morocco 1986) has died after a heart attack. Sad day.

Ray Wilkins........ scorer of one of the better goals in a Cup Final (1983 v Brighton) and winner of the most ridiculous sending off by an England player (v Morocco 1986) has died after a heart attack. Sad day.

Marvellous

Yes I agree with maninasuitcase....If that evil Churchill had never existed then we would never have heard of Winnie Mandela....Or any other black activist for that matter.

There would be no such thing as Brexit because Europe would be fully united without a hint of migrant trouble or muslim extremism.

Best of all our glorious leader JC could never be accused of anti Semitism......the term wouldn't exist.

Our Darkest Hour would be a film about how we nearly didn't surrender to Nazis but came to our senses in the end.
Churchill was an effective war leader but I'm pretty sure he didn't beat the Nazi's single handed.

Wilkins post - up to you but I can't see that going down well with others on here.

Your utter ignorance of British history is only surpassed by your support for racist murdering thugs like Winnie Mandela or McGuiness.

She jumped on the hard work and sacrifice that Nelson Mandela suffered. She abused her married name and used her positon to murder and bully people who didn't agree with her.....Like most lefties do if you give them any power. At least old Nelson managed to see through her in the end.

I'm quite happy to compare my A level in History and BA (Hons) Politics with any of your academic qualifications in these subject areas.

Btw,there is a difference between "ignorance" and difference of interepretation,which you really should take on board.

As far as Winnie Mandela is concerned, I prefer to remember her active part in the struggle against apartheid rather than focus on her later misdemeanours.

Your comment on Ray Willkins is,of course, quite grotesque.

you may want to take that part of the discussion up with the BBC

https://www.historyextra.com/period...rtime-leaders-military-track-record-examined/

What exactly are to learn from few paragraphs from an unknown author on a BBC website. Some of the stuff he mentions is like saying Alex Ferguson was a poor manager because he was sacked from St Mirren in his early days.

For a real definitive look at the life of Winston Churchill I would recommend the book by Roy Jenkins. for example how many of you know that it was Churchill who stopped Russia from invading Greece after WW2. The US had turned their backs on Greece, despite them being our allies in the war. Russia desperately wanted a easy access to the Mediterranean and the US thought Greece was just one more small Eastern European country not worth bothering about.

Back