• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surprised Doddy hasn't had more coverage - perhaps passed a generation by?

Oh I dunno, getting a fair bit. I'm sure they'll be specials lined up on the telly.

Different generation for sure, but even those who were once tagged as alternative have lauded his work.

Oh I dunno, getting a fair bit. I'm sure they'll be specials lined up on the telly.

Different generation for sure, but even those who were once tagged as alternative have lauded his work.

True but I meant here on the Zone, should have been clearer. A genius with some traits many would find odd. Didn’t need to swear or be blue. I’m struggling to think of anyone else left alive from a golden era

True but I meant here on the Zone, should have been clearer. A genius with some traits many would find odd. Didn’t need to swear or be blue. I’m struggling to think of anyone else left alive from a golden era

Harry Hill is similar, very child friendly. Tim Vine perhaps?

HITS BOARD

Suffolk Shrimper (Vic Damone) 1 point

Benfleet A1 (Billy Graham) 1 Point

Blueronron (Billy Graham) 1 Point

ROB B (Billy Graham) 1 point

Napster (Ken Dodd) 1 point
N.B. Nothing extra for his dad's dog.

Could I ask the players to check for hits and if I have missed any, please let me know.

I guess you still have Des O'Connor and Jimmy Tarbuck about, but not quite up to the standard of the others. Sad about Ken Dodd, RIP King of the Diddymen.

Would be nice if Jim's coffin was placed in a speed boat for his final journey.

Would be nice if Jim's coffin was placed in a speed boat for his final journey.

That would be brilliant, like a northern Viking burial..

The contestants winning the speedboat always seemed to live in a landlocked part of the country such as Martin & Beryl from Ashby-de-la-Zouch

HITS BOARD

Suffolk Shrimper (Vic Damone) 1 point

Benfleet A1 (Billy Graham) 1 Point

Blueronron (Billy Graham) 1 Point

ROB B (Billy Graham) 1 point

Napster (Ken Dodd) 1 point

Yorkshire Blue (Jim Bowen) 1 point

Could I ask the players to check for hits and if I have missed any, please let me know.

Just a quick thought on a day when we lost Jim Bowen and Stephen Hawking.....Its nice to see the non dart player go first.

Wonderful piece of off the cuff genius from Ken Dodd, during the 1964 General Election. It comes in at 1:02:45, but it's worth watching from 1:00:00, as it gives a greater level of context :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZY4apeNno

Harold Webb played a great interviewer, as well.

:smile::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Loved the election score board at the end :smile:

So much simply in the old days, no swing meter, or Jeremy Vine rushing across a virtual parliament as seats come and go

The whole lot is on the somewhere. About 9 or 10 parts.

They used to re-run them in their entirety on BBC Parliament. Excellent watch.

Back