• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We lost that game in the midfield battle. Wordsworth was a passenger and I said to my Dad at half time that Wright had just had the worst 45 mins that I can remember for a long time. It seems they were the two who had fitness issues leading up to the match. Yet PB put them both back out for the second half. Wright obviously continued to be cack before pulling up and will probably be out for weeks (I thought vs charlton he had his best game for us). Wordy just continued to be cack as we were overrun in midfield.

This was awful management, fair enough risk one if they pass a fitness test, but take them off at halftime or before when it’s not working.

That's how I felt 'Bazza'

General chat at half-time was to go 4-3-3 and try to get in behind them using the channels, rather than passing through midfield or hitting Nile from 45 yards.

We had the opportunity to do that on 60 when Wright went off, by McG was brought on.

Just think we played into their hands a little.

We lost that game in the midfield battle. Wordsworth was a passenger and I said to my Dad at half time that Wright had just had the worst 45 mins that I can remember for a long time. It seems they were the two who had fitness issues leading up to the match. Yet PB put them both back out for the second half. Wright obviously continued to be cack before pulling up and will probably be out for weeks (I thought vs charlton he had his best game for us). Wordy just continued to be cack as we were overrun in midfield.

This was awful management, fair enough risk one if they pass a fitness test, but take them off at halftime or before when it’s not working.

Brown never likes changing a winning team so they were always going to start.

The irony was that McGlashan had already stripped down before Wright injured himself - an injury which looked inflicted by the pitch. I was surprised they still say it was his hamstring - it looked very much like he had done his groin to me. I thought he was going to need a stretcher.

Fair assessment, though the first goal came from Demetriou completely losing his footing. On the highlights, you'll see a chunk of turf come up, where it gave way under his feet.

That said, you broke well and forced the opportunity by putting the ball in the danger area.

Good, well organized unit. Hunting in packs and breaking quickly. Like Leicester did so well a couple of seasons back.

Im pleased that you pointed that out. Was at the game as usual, and whoever said it was a demetriou error clearly wasn't there, or just wasn't watching. He slipped in the 'boggy' area when he arrived in the position and again when trying to push off when receiving the ball. Its no wonder the team suffer a lot of 'stretch' or retraction injuries trying to balance and stay on their feet. The pitch is not of acceptable standard but we know nothing can be done until the end of the season. But to put blame on a player who finds space and has quick feet, only to be sucked into the bog, is very unfair. Nor would I blame coker for the header which did take a deflection first

Thank you 'intheknow'.

This was the point I was alluding to in my match report, about feeling the players shouldn't be blamed overly, when we are a decent footballing side trying to play on a poor park pitch.

Granted, mistakes were made during the game, but the pitch definitely had a massive hand in their first goal.

First time I’ve been to a game this season and the most shocking thing for me and my son was the lack of atmosphere. It didn’t feel like I was at a footy match. Die hard fans will probably shoot me down in flames but surely fans need to lift there team and players would need to respond. Ranger and cox feed off scraps. Back four treat the ball like it’s an angrenad and hoof it long , usually to Rangers throat for him to try and control. Midfield have no link from back four to front men. We barely strung more than 2 passes together and we miss a player who puts a tackle in and breaks down the opposition’s play. Very disappointing although we did show a bit of want in the second half.

First time I’ve been to a game this season and the most shocking thing for me and my son was the lack of atmosphere. It didn’t feel like I was at a footy match. Die hard fans will probably shoot me down in flames but surely fans need to lift there team and players would need to respond. Ranger and cox feed off scraps. Back four treat the ball like it’s an angrenad and hoof it long , usually to Rangers throat for him to try and control. Midfield have no link from back four to front men. We barely strung more than 2 passes together and we miss a player who puts a tackle in and breaks down the opposition’s play. Very disappointing although we did show a bit of want in the second half.
Wimbledon is probably one of the hardest grounds to create any sort of atmosphere. Even when we win there the atmosphere is poor.
Mind you I think you mean the home game v Shrewsbury yes it was poor and has actually been much better than that for most home games this season.

Wimbledon is probably one of the hardest grounds to create any sort of atmosphere. Even when we win there the atmosphere is poor.
Mind you I think you mean the home game v Shrewsbury yes it was poor and has actually been much better than that for most home games this season.
I did mean the Shrewsbury game shockingly quiet. Let’s hope Northampton is better. Phil brown is right when he says anyone can beat anyone in this league and a string of wins could put us back in the mix.

Back