• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many more times do we have to go into this? It's not been "allowed" to go that way, they have tried and spent a great deal of money trying to rectify things but, as we're now no longer in the growing season, nothing more can be done.

Hack all the grass off and put sand down. Worked for John Beck.

Christ, the state of the pitch! Amazed the FA don't make us play home games over Priory Park.

How many more times do we have to go into this? It's not been "allowed" to go that way, they have tried and spent a great deal of money trying to rectify things but, as we're now no longer in the growing season, nothing more can be done.

Are you seriously suggesting that the pitch would be in its current abject state if Ron hadn't gratuitously and summarily dismissed a competent groundsman in a fit of pique ? Really ?

Are you seriously suggesting that the pitch would be in its current abject state if Ron hadn't gratuitously and summarily dismissed a competent groundsman in a fit of pique ? Really ?

Mick, it's got nothing to do with the groundsman - present or sacked. It was down to the company which usually does the new pitch in close season not being able to (I can't remember if this is because they were no longer doing it or some other reason), and the replacement company's machinery breaking down which meant a 3 week delay. If you want to argue that's down to the groundsman making sure things were in place then that's something else entirely - I don't know who has/had that responsibility.

I do know that a huge sum of money has been spent trying to rectify things, all to no avail - and that's not down to groundsmen or anyone else at the club.

Apologies to Demetriou as I thought from the West that he tried to take his man on, clearly he didn't and just slipped - it's just this p*ss poor pitch that looks even worse on the video than it looks in real life - an absolute disgrace

Mick, it's got nothing to do with the groundsman - present or sacked. It was down to the company which usually does the new pitch in close season not being able to (I can't remember if this is because they were no longer doing it or some other reason), and the replacement company's machinery breaking down which meant a 3 week delay. If you want to argue that's down to the groundsman making sure things were in place then that's something else entirely - I don't know who has/had that responsibility.

I do know that a huge sum of money has been spent trying to rectify things, all to no avail - and that's not down to groundsmen or anyone else at the club.

this is just a tale of incompetence .....

You are entitled to your opinion, I to mine. I remain unconvinced that the pitch would still be in its current state if the previous groundsman had not been harshly dismissed.

And if a "huge sum" has been spent without improving matters that questions the new incumbent's judgement.

Back