• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nine years ago today, I, and most of you ,went absolutely mental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKor0opb28

Brown, Woody, and others, hang your heads in shame and do the decent thing.

Bring back Barrett & Clark (Paul) (ok, maybe even Peter too) to the Roots Hall management team, lets restore some honesty, true Shrimpers passion, and rekindle the spirit of Stamford Bridge. Any player who does not want to get on board with that knows what we all want them to do ....

UTB

Just to add some reality to lift our current mood of potential self harming....Tranmere finished above us that season.

And burton finished below us

Burton weren't in L1 that season but here's a few teams that were Orient, Stockport, Hartlepool, Hereford and of course Col U

Lets hope Burton don't end up with the same debts as we did because of our brief trip up to the promised land.

Nine years ago today, I, and most of you ,went absolutely mental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKor0opb28

Brown, Woody, and others, hang your heads in shame and do the decent thing.

Bring back Barrett & Clark (Paul) (ok, maybe even Peter too) to the Roots Hall management team, lets restore some honesty, true Shrimpers passion, and rekindle the spirit of Stamford Bridge. Any player who does not want to get on board with that knows what we all want them to do ....

UTB

exactly how i feel ,,,

Just to add some reality to lift our current mood of potential self harming....Tranmere finished above us that season.

Not sure the relevance of that. Fifteen percent of the current Premiership finished below us.

Oh come on, let's not turn this in to another moan. How about revelling in what was a great day - I think Suffolk Shrimper was trying to make us forget our current travails!

Sensational day - in terms of my reaction to our goal, second only to the Joe Pigott equaliser for me. Absolutely mad couple of minutes after that

Fantastic day and great memories. This was probably the last decent cup draw that we got.

Wasn't it just? Won't forget that day in a hurry. I'm even now thinking about the awful hangover and trip to IKEA I endured on the Sunday...

Hull at home a few years ago was decent; didn't perhaps feel like it as we've played them in the league so many times, but it was a home draw against a top flight side.

Getting through the early rounds would help too :angry:

Wasn't it just? Won't forget that day in a hurry. I'm even now thinking about the awful hangover and trip to IKEA I endured on the Sunday...

Hull at home a few years ago was decent; didn't perhaps feel like it as we've played them in the league so many times, but it was a home draw against a top flight side.

Getting through the early rounds would help too :angry:

Yeah, great times. I can't remember the name of it but there was a really good pub near by the ground for SUFC fans which I went to before and after the game. That's probably the only time I have ever gone back to the pub after any game. It definitely led to a very good night!!

Yeah, great times. I can't remember the name of it but there was a really good pub near by the ground for SUFC fans which I went to before and after the game. That's probably the only time I have ever gone back to the pub after any game. It definitely led to a very good night!!

A load of people from SZ were at a pub near Earls Court before the game - I think it was The Blackbird. Practically hammering the door down to be let in at 1100!

Back