• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes I think everyone knew that he was going to leave. We were a very mediocre bottom half Division 3 club at the time and it was a chore watching us play. Can't blame him at all for moving onto Brighton at the time.

No,particularly as he was'nt very good!

No,particularly as he was'nt very good!
I thought he was our best player out of a terrible bunch (anyone remember Kevin Rapley?)

Mind you, I was only 14 at the time and I used to think Halloween Resurrection was a good film back then too so my recollections of yore must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Anyone remember his mazy run that started from the edge of our penalty box which led to the winning goal he scored in the 90th minute against Cheltenham on last day of 1999/2000 season? 2-1 victory that day if i Recall.

i was in the South Upper for that one. That game gave us a chance of getting in the play offs which would of been the first positive thing to happen to us for a few years
if i remember all that correctly

Don't think southend were challenging for the play offs we finished 16th or something like that

i was in the South Upper for that one. That game gave us a chance of getting in the play offs which would of been the first positive thing to happen to us for a few years

We stopped Cheltenham finishing in the Play Offs. We finished 16th. It was the final game of the season.

Great goal and I used to love the shimmy he used to do. Mugged plenty off with that little routine.

Being linked with the vacant Aston Villa job.

I watched Luton against someone, it might have been the villa earlier this season on the box and was hugely impressed by the football luton were playing. I doubt he would get that job , but good luck to him.

Signed a new 4 year deal at Luton.

Anyone who still had a faint hope of him coming here must surely give up now.

Back