• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corporal Punishment for Venables

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks AndyT. The ring leader only got 5 years for this hideous crime. Which was just a further cruel blow to the victims parents. Like I said at the start of the thread had Debra been the daughter of an MP or judge etc then we would have had a different outcome.
What was the ringleader charged with only to get 5 years when two others got 18 and 20 for Murder ?

What was the ringleader charged with only to get 5 years when two others got 18 and 20 for Murder ?

Watch the clip on YouTube its the last of the 3 cases on that documentary, so only about 15 minutes.

The ringleader was found not guilty of the stronger charge. In the US she would have been found guilty of first degree murder.

As we are going of topic I will but it is relevant to this thread. I watched a clip on YouTube a few days back about US university campuses and where the right for free speech or even debate has gone.

Basically the theory is that those that would be labelled right wing all seem to be able to logically put their point across where as those who are from the left don't. In fact they use any tactic to end any debate about any subject they can't control. Worth a watch just to see the screaming crying, safe space millennials in action.

The thing is as they went through the debate ending tactics I chuckled and thought of some of the usual suspects on here and what they do

So far....Try to close the debate full stop....
Insult speaker/poster..... (he later removed it)
Use fake stats.....or ignore any point you can't deal with
Use a 'straw man' argument
Try and divert the topic onto something completely irrelevant.

Of course we haven't had the big one just yet....Faux outrage at something you find offensive and get the debate closed.

P.S for what its worth I'm disappointed with Tangled as he can normally put a reasonably presented point across.....Even if it is totally wrong.

Civilised countries don't have the death penalty.The argument for was lost a long time ago.Quite frankly I'd sooner let you and your fellow right-wingers argue the toss amongst yourselves rather than get involved.

As far as the punisnment v rehablitation debate is concerned,I'm broadly on the rehabilitation side of the argument as I spent about 18 months working as (an unqualified) social worker in two different residential settings,back in the day.

Civilised countries don't have the death penalty.The argument for was lost a long time ago.Quite frankly I'd sooner let you and your fellow right-wingers argue the toss amongst yourselves rather than get involved.

As far as the punisnment v rehablitation debate is concerned,I'm broadly on the rehabilitation side of the argument as I spent about 18 months working as (an unqualified) social worker in two different residential settings,back in the day.

We are not just discussing the death penalty though are we.

With your experience what rehabilitation would you recommend for the killers of Debra Carne. Just to remind you one girl lured 17 year old Debra to a lonely place and two others beat her, stamped on her and then set alight whilst still alive.

As a social worker what advice would you give to Roger Carne, Debra's father......You might be surprised to know that after those cheeky little scamps had had their fun Roger had to quit the Fire Brigade.........Wonder why?

Based on the re-offending figures I posted, do you think the rehabilitation service is doing a good job?

Based on the re-offending figures I posted, do you think the rehabilitation service is doing a good job?

Probably the best with the money that they're given. Austerity Britain remember, underfunded & overworked.

Probably the best with the money that they're given. Austerity Britain remember, underfunded & overworked.

So GBJ isn't on ignore after all.

Standard answer to every problem......We need more money

So GBJ isn't on ignore after all.

Standard answer to every problem......We need more money

Pretty much. If your boiler breaks down you can't wave a magic wand at it and expect it to repair itself, you have to pay a plumber.

What's your solution? A few executions?

Pretty much. If your boiler breaks down you can't wave a magic wand at it and expect it to repair itself, you have to pay a plumber.

What's your solution? A few executions?

So I'm not on ignore after all

The thing is my plumber identifies the exact problem and repairs it. If the boiler needed condemning and the plumber said oh well lets give it another 2 years on licence and hope it doesn't kill anyone......He would be prosecuted and jailed, as the landlord so would I.

So well done MK at last one of the groovy gang has come up with an answer. If you release someone and they commit more violent crime lets jail anyone who was part of the rehabilitation process :thumbsup:

After all it is their total failure as a professional that causes misery and death for hundreds of innocent people every year..... The sort of people you always claim to be championing but in reality the left always fail its own.

Are they spending their money wisely in the first place? let's see, the cost of constantly renaming & rehoming John Venables seems a big waste. I've seen figures banded around claiming he's cost the taxpayer anywhere from £5m-£10m

Hows about Lee Rigsby's killer Adebolajo? Recently moved to a special prison, which costs £250k per prisoner.

How's about we go a different route, Antoni Imiela, the M25 rapist who was sentenced to SEVEN life sentences for attacking a string of women, with one victim being as young as 10-years-old. He's now being considered for early release, after serving 14 years. In what realm is he being considered for release after receiving SEVEN life sentences???

I could go on......

So I'm not on ignore after all

The thing is my plumber identifies the exact problem and repairs it. If the boiler needed condemning and the plumber said oh well lets give it another 2 years on licence and hope it doesn't kill anyone......He would be prosecuted and jailed, as the landlord so would I.

So well done MK at last one of the groovy gang has come up with an answer. If you release someone and they commit more violent crime lets jail anyone who was part of the rehabilitation process :thumbsup:

After all it is their total failure as a professional that causes misery and death for hundreds of innocent people every year..... The sort of people you always claim to be championing but in reality the left always fail its own.

Not an answer. Again, what is your solution?

Are they spending their money wisely in the first place? let's see, the cost of constantly renaming & rehoming John Venables seems a big waste. I've seen figures banded around claiming he's cost the taxpayer anywhere from £5m-£10m

Hows about Lee Rigsby's killer Adebolajo? Recently moved to a special prison, which costs £250k per prisoner.

How's about we go a different route, Antoni Imiela, the M25 rapist who was sentenced to SEVEN life sentences for attacking a string of women, with one victim being as young as 10-years-old. He's now being considered for early release, after serving 14 years. In what realm is he being considered for release after receiving SEVEN life sentences???

I could go on......

So taking the death penalty out of the equation (it's never coming back), what is your solution?

Not an answer. Again, what is your solution?

So taking the death penalty out of the equation (it's never coming back), what is your solution?

We have said our bit. So lets hear your some of your ideas, now you have decided if you can't close a thread then join them.

Or will it be like every other thread you post on, from Brexit to the NHS......

We have said our bit. So lets hear your some of your ideas, now you have decided if you can't close a thread then join them.

Or will it be like every other thread you post on, from Brexit to the NHS......

I've given mine. More investment.

You should be a politician dodging every question like a pro.What is your solution when you take the death penalty out of the argument?

My solution was to execute those who fit a certain strict criteria.

If that's immoral, then you won't like the rest of my ideas. For Example, instead of testing new perfumes on animals, why not test them on real animals, like Venables. They type who are not used to being the prey? 8 hours per day for clinical testing, then the remaining 16 hours per day spent in an 8X4 box room. No fancy £250k-per-year prison. No new alias'. No chance of parole. At least that way, they'd be contributing something towards humanity.

My solution was to execute those who fit a certain strict criteria.

If that's immoral, then you won't like the rest of my ideas. For Example, instead of testing new perfumes on animals, why not test them on real animals, like Venables. They type who are not used to being the prey? 8 hours per day for clinical testing, then the remaining 16 hours per day spent in an 8X4 box room. No fancy £250k-per-year prison. No new alias'. No chance of parole. At least that way, they'd be contributing something towards humanity.

Well much like Messi & Ronaldo signing for us in the transfer window, it's never going to happen is it.

I've given mine. More investment.

If you're taking the death penalty out of the equation because it's far-fetched, then you have to remove more funding from the argument aswell.

If You wanna argue the monetary side of it, then you'd have to strip back some of these special case prisoners human rights (which could be possible once we leave the EU) and treat them like the savages they are. Boxed up for the rest of their days & fed the bare minimum.

If you're taking the death penalty out of the equation because it's far-fetched, then you have to remove more funding from the argument aswell.

If You wanna argue the monetary side of it, then you'd have to strip back some of these special case prisoners human rights (which could be possible once we leave the EU) and treat them like the savages they are. Boxed up for the rest of their days & fed the bare minimum.

Why? One is a very real possibility, one isn't.

Why? One is a very real possibility, one isn't.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know that this society's infrastructure is bursting at the seems. There's millions and one things that need more investment, do you think that prisoner reformation is high up on the agenda? Especially considering the elite know that there is very little chance of it affecting them?

Back