• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Powell as the new manager I hear

He wouldn't have been my choice but if he is the choice then I really hope he can turn around the mess he inherits. He would be someone that everybody can unite around as I think all Southend fans would wish him well whoever he was managing.

Whoever the new manager is faces not just an uphill battle for survival in this division but also a major rebuild. The club is in its worse shape since 2009/10. We're in such poor shape that relegation may be inevitable - if not this season then next.

Given the paucity of the legacy of the outgoing manager it will be a major achievement if we're in this division for the 2019/20 season.

Chris Powell won League One with Charlton in his second season, after joining and steadying the ship during he previous season.... #justsaying

Chris Powell won League One with Charlton in his second season, after joining and steadying the ship during he previous season.... #justsaying

I'm not questioning the man, I'm questing the inheritance he receives.

Interestingly one of his last signings at Huddersfield was Jordy Hiwula, who Chris Phillips reports we were just in for....

I'm looking through his transfer history and the players he was signing are nearly all the same age as our first team.

Of course the difference is that he signed them for Charlton 6 or 7 years ago.

Not all were successes but in contrast to the current (hopefully soon to be previous) incumbent I've already found several players that were sold for a profit, including one current Premiership player.

He wouldn't have been my choice but if he is the choice then I really hope he can turn around the mess he inherits. He would be someone that everybody can unite around as I think all Southend fans would wish him well whoever he was managing.

Whoever the new manager is faces not just an uphill battle for survival in this division but also a major rebuild. The club is in its worse shape since 2009/10. We're in such poor shape that relegation may be inevitable - if not this season then next.

Given the paucity of the legacy of the outgoing manager it will be a major achievement if we're in this division for the 2019/20 season.

This is what many are missing completely. Look at the state of the squad Brown has put together...shocking. Tough ask for any new manager to do something with this lot.

This is what many are missing completely. Look at the state of the squad Brown has put together...shocking. Tough ask for any new manager to do something with this lot.

I think the choice of assistant manager will be important.

Ok thanks, I sent my email to RM yesterday and I am pleased to see that he acted on it promptly.

Please advise if there is anything else that anyone would like my assistance with ;0)

:Worthy::Worthy:

So who was it that said RM won't be interested in any of our emails.

Ron did tell me that he was going to sort the situation out so fair play to him for sticking to his word

I'd love to but it was quite a personal email and Ron was actually nice and open in his feelings. Things may be happening in the next few days I think, he is far from happy

Ooh you little tease. I have never managed to be excited for a few days, or five minutes, before. Now I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

There was no direct mention of sacking Brown though I did suggest that this was the only way to stop relegation. The only thing I can really put on here is the following :

I shall never allow the clubs interests to be undermined; whatever the reason(s).

I'll happily take the credit for Brown's demise. A pleasant and friendly exchange via email and reading between the lines told me what was on the cards for Brown

Ok thanks, I sent my email to RM yesterday and I am pleased to see that he acted on it promptly.

Please advise if there is anything else that anyone would like my assistance with ;0)

:Worthy::Worthy:

I had to go to Southend High Street today and was pestered by about 12 charity muggers within a 5 minute walk. They get to keep more than half what they collect I am told. So we're plagued by them. Can you help?

So who was it that said RM won't be interested in any of our emails.

Ron did tell me that he was going to sort the situation out so fair play to him for sticking to his word

YOu dont think he would have done it anyway?

2 points above relegation and 1 win in months is probably a bigger factor than any emails that were sent.

If Ron has done anything over the years with Managers is he isnt afraid to sack a manager even if it goes against supporters wishes, I doubt he was swayed too much this time.

YOu dont think he would have done it anyway?

2 points above relegation and 1 win in months is probably a bigger factor than any emails that were sent.

If Ron has done anything over the years with Managers is he isnt afraid to sack a manager even if it goes against supporters wishes, I doubt he was swayed too much this time.

More tongue in cheek than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back